Run

Freya's P.O.V.

We had been travelling for what had seemed like weeks, only it hadn't been that long, and everything had seemed to have settled down. Well, I meant mostly settled down. There was still silent bickering going on between Legolas and Borimir...and I wasn't the only one to notice it! Ty and I had been getting on really well - and of course I had forgiven her. I mean- it wasn't her fault after all, it was my fathers and Uncle Elronds! So, I couldn't stay mad at her for long!

As we had been going at such a slow pace, we realised that we wouldn't be quick enough, if we took the long route. Gimli suggested "Why don't we take a short cut through the mines of Moria? I have relatives there, and if we take another route, it could take us weeks!" We talked about it for a bit, but eventually decided to agree. It took us the rest of the day to reach our destination, and by the time we got there, it was evening, and it was going dark.

I stood by the waters edge, gazing into the sky whilst I played with the hemm of my top, staring straight at the moon, that was glistening, gleaming, glowing gloriously high in the dark night sky, like an incandescent orb, floating in space. I was speechless. This beauty, it was amazing. Too many things do we take for granted, yet, when given the chance, I still doubt how many of us will reaslise how lucky we are to live in such a perfect place.

I turned around, watching the others try and figure out the answer to the riddle. I personally thought it was quite simple. I mean, it tells you the answer there and then. "Well, what is the answer then?" A voice said, sounding pretty peeved. Ooops, it appeared that I had spoken out loud.

"Well, it says 'speak friend, and enter.' Therefore the answer is Mellon." I said, confidently. "Why?" Another voice said. I sighed, a little impatiantly. "Mellon is the elvish word for Friend. And it said. Speak friend and enter. Try it." I turned back around, and listened to the door opening. "Genius." Aragorn chuckled, and stood next to me. "How long had you known that?" I shrugged, not feeling the need to speak. I walked over to Gandalf and said "So, are we going or not?" I felt the atmosphere change, and I froze, not knowing what was happening. I surely would have run further in, if I had known what was about to happen...