14

Jeez!!! Thank you guys for 700 reads!! It wasn't that long ago when I was thinking about deleting this bc it only had like 11 views😅

Sitting on a roof beside Eraserhead, Izuku rubbed his belly absentmindedly. His stomach was churning because of all the snacks Akihiro kept making him eat. Rubbing circles into your stomach when it was hurt was something grown ups rarely did to themselves. It was a sign that he was still just a child.

Aizawa watched him from the corner of his eyes but Izuku looked oddly focused. 'he must be using his quirk to search the streets' he thought to himself.

He was correct. Izuku was indeed searching the streets with his quirk. He closed his eyes, and with the sound waves his sight traveled long distances. On the other side of town, a hero was chasing a shop lifter but that was it. 

He leaned back after a couple minutes, sure that Musutafu was safe. "Anything?" Aizawa asked, even though he already knew the answer. He just wanted to make conversation since the silence was growing heavier and heavier.

Izuku shook his head. "Nothing. Just a shoplifter nowhere near us. That's being taken care of, though."

More silence.

"Is this how you often do patrols?" Eraserhead asked, breaking the silence again. "Just sitting here until you hear something?"

Izuku pursed his lips and nodded.

"Don't you get lonely?"

Izuku laughed and put both hands behind him to hold himself up as he sat back. "Nope." He replied, popping the p. "I like being alone," he turned to Aizawa with a smile. "Plus, the sounds of the city keep me company. Besides, I'm always busy stopping too many crimes to worry about making friends to help me fight."

Aizawa smirked. He and the kid were more alike than they thought.

His thoughts were cut off when Izuku's expression changed and he quickly got to his feet. "You heard something?" Aizawa asked as he stood beside Izuku.

The freckled boy fixed his mask and leapt off the building without another word. He landed on a dumpster below them, his sneakers silencing the fall. Aizawa dropped beside him, his less discreet and making a small bang.

He shot a envious glare towards Izuku who just tilted his head with a close eyed smile.

Eraserhead shoved him playfully and the two began running.

***

"So..." Izuku said as he entered Aizawa's apartment. "This is where I'll be staying?"

Aizawa closed the door behind the two of them and kicked off his shoes. "Yup." He replied and began to take his scarf off. "For as long as you want."

Izuku nervously made his way into the living room to look around. Baby toys were neatly placed against the wall along with a baby crib and a high chair was at the table.

A baby monitor was placed on the coffee table. The TV had been left on, the news was on, the volume low.

"Zashi!" Aizawa called.

Izuku stood awkwardly, not sure of what to do. He felt so out of place. At least at his house he knew where he stood.

"You can sit." Shouta said, gesturing towards the couch. Izuku nodded like a dork and sat down.

Aizawa rolled his eyes fondly and left to get his husband and introduce him to Izuku.

As he sat waiting, he wrung his fingers. He was nervous, so nervous he didn't even notice he hadn't taken his mask off yet.