Time flies

Time.

It's a funny concept, really.

People spend so much time worrying about what is to come or what they have done, to focus on what is happening in front of them.

Kids, so eager to become adults so they can make their own rules.

Adults who just want to feel young again.

Seems like no one can ever get what they want.

Sooner or later, everyone will end up in the same place.

Whether they grow old, and lead fulfilling lives.

Or it's taken far too soon.

They all end up erased.

Time seems to go by so slowly.

Yet we fail to see the end hurdling closer.

And those who choose to ignore their upcoming fates, are oblivious fools.

...

But sometimes, it's nice to be an oblivious fool.

That was the case with the newest graduates from the prestigious Hopes Peak Academy.

Spirits were high as many promised to stay in touch with each other while others were giving their tearful goodbyes as they prepared to travel with the promise to visit whenever they could.

But none could be happier than the two had just gotten together a little prior to the graduation.

Shuichi Saihara, the ultimate detective.

And Kiibo Idabashi, the ultimate robot.

All it took was three years of mutual pining.

They were both lucky that they had both decided that they would continue living in Japan. Shuichi starting his career and own detective agency, while Kiibo would continue to live with his father.

The new couple looked forward to the future they had together along with their dear classmate friends.

After all, they were all only teenagers, all of them had time to spend the rest of their lives.

That's what they wanted to believe anyway.

...

The first of them to go was Kaito.

It had only been a few years after their graduation that Kaito had been diagnosed with a chronic illness, and over time, he just couldn't keep fighting. Everyone was devastated, Maki being in the worst condition.

And despite what she said, everyone knew she wasn't okay. Everyone could see the way she clutched at the ring that was on her hand.

You see, they were due to get married soon.

But as fate would have it, it just would never happen.

Funny, isn't it?

The class took their time as each of them slowly got over their beloved friends' death, but eventually they did.

And everyone was soon back to their own lives.

Everyone was finding their own jobs, their own purpose, and for some, even their own loves.

Soon enough, Kaede and Rantaro had their wedding. It was lovely, flowers of different varieties hanging everywhere and the venue being in the most scenic spot in their area.

Their best man, of course, was Gonta.

He even invited some of his wolf family for the special event, and the newlywed couple didn't seem to mind too much.