Bonus

Originally, this was to be posted after I published a different chapter, but especially after my previous post on this, I'm not working on the book as much.

And I do feel a bit bad about the people who like reading this and having gone a while without anything new, so, consider this a preview for the next chapter.

Apologies that this is a bit shit. I hope you enjoy, nonetheless.

Laying down the phone, anyone looking at him could tell he was upset. He had wanted to see his friend, but it felt more than that.

Though he was upset about Shuichi not being able to come in, but there was a lingering feeling in the back of his mind.

Something was wrong.

Deciding to ignore the feeling as being anxious being in a hospital room all alone with no one to talk to, he turned his attention to the smiley nurse that entered his room.

With a wide grin that looked forced, she spoke in a cheery voice that sounded similar to nails on a chalkboard. "Hello sir! How have you been!"

Grimacing at the woman beside him, watching as she stepped closer, he shifted his body to move to the side of the bed furthest from her. "I've been doing fine, ma'am..." She creeped him out.

"Well, that's just lovely! Say... where is your little friend? Normally he'd be here by now."

"Ah, he... couldn't make it today..."

"Oh!" She sounded... excited? "Well, that's just a pity. Anyway! I'm just stopping by to switch out your drip!"

Having pulled a bag out of what seemed like nowhere, she made her way to his drip, he watched closely as she worked, the anxious feeling coming back stronger than before.

Pushing it away as he did before, he waved lightly as the nurse left the room, seeming much happier than what she was before she had entered.

---

He couldn't breathe.

Feeling his eyes quickly move around the room, for something, anything that could help him. His hand clutching his chest in any attempts to get himself to calm down. Rapidly pressing the 'call nurse' button, watching the door for any sign of someone coming to his aid.

The beeping of the heart monitor was screeching in his ears as it was blaring from his side, seemingly unending. He didn't understand, he couldn't understand- what was happening?

This had never happened before, so why now? What was wrong with him? He was confused, scared, and worst of all dying. He prayed that it was just an episode of... something. He didn't care what! As long as it would let him live another day.

The tears were pouring down his face and onto his clothing, soaking him and the sheets. The button was practically breaking in his hand as he was calling and calling for anyone to come and help him. To save him.

Soon enough, the nurse from before had come waltzing in, seemingly irritated by the incessant noises that called for her. Though he didn't like her, she was his one shot at life as she walked over to him, smile and all.

Grabbing at the nurse with what little strength he held, his sobbing became worse as he tried to choke out a few simple words, "H...elp m...e.."

Removing his hand in disgust she clicked her tongue in annoyance, her once cheerful smile vanishing to be replaced with an expression that only showed disdain and hatred. "Don't touch me, brat."

Even more confused than before he tried again, receiving the same results as before. Reaching his hands to his neck, he tried and tried to breathe but nothing would work- his brain was clouded with panic, the voices coming from every angle in his mind. The screaming wouldn't stop no matter how much he wanted them to.

The nurse reached her own hand up to his head, as she rubbed it in a way that looked like endearment, but in this situation, it was only asserting her power. She had his life in her hands and was enjoying toying with it.

"Oh... honey, you should just stop struggling already. Things would be so much simpler."

"Wh...at..?"

"Wow! You're dumber than you look, kid!" Taking the time to rub the bangs out of his face, she continued, "Honey, I was the one who did this..."

Crashing his head back into the pillows in disbelief he gasped for the air he so desperately required. The person who was here to help him was leaving him to die. Closing his eyes, the sounds surrounding him became louder. But most importantly, it was the beeping that caught his ear.

Though he was in the middle of panicking and fighting for his life, he noticed how the heart monitor did not seem to match his mood as he heard it slowing.

In some sort of last attempt of saving his own life he was using the last of his breath to call out,

"Da..-d, Shu....ii-ch..i sa..ve m..e... pl-.ea..se..."

He felt as the words leave his mouth, along with the last of his life. Closing his eyes, the tears slowing until they stopped permanently. The last thoughts he would be able to think, were the ones filled with his father and Shuichi smiling to him. The smiles that he would never see again.

The comforting embrace of his family, that he'd never feel again.

Thank you for reading