soixante-douze

nytis

it was bright and early in the morning yet the usual drowsiness that covered the entirety of the kingdom wasn't present that morning. there was a different feel in the air, one you would find at some event like a carnival. nytis already seemed to be so alive with excitement, no one would ever be able to tell that just yesterday they were mourning for their dead king.

today was dongyun's birthday and his official coronation.

soonyoung sat around with the rest of the crew watching as they all ate in silence. unlike outside, the atmosphere was heavy. it was clear that everyone was slightly nervous and on edge about today.

"everyone! today's the day! today we get to see if our hard work has paid off. it will be a big turning point for nytis if we succeed." soonyoung smiled at kitae's poor attempt to get people to talk. despite the prince being older than him, soonyoung couldn't help but find him endearing. "we can do it!"

junhui looked away from the prince and tugged him back down, "ah sheesh... just sit down and eat already. you suck at giving speeches you know."

kitae looked at junhui unamused. he opened his mouth to retaliate but the only noise that came out was a sigh, "yeah.. i know," he laughed, "just like how you suck at standing still and being on time and not-

the man rolled his eyes and shoved the prince, knocking him into minghao. "yeah, yeah we get it." the killer stood up and chucked his spoon at junhui's head, resulting in a loud thwack that echoed through the alleyway. "ow- hao what was that for..." junhui whined and rubbed his head.

"don't call me that."

"but kitae was the one that bumped into you.."

"hey! you pushed me!"

soonyoung laughed along with all the other spectators, "i see that everyone's getting along like always." mei's sarcastic voice cut in, bringing kitae back to his senses. the prince sent one last shove in junhui's direction before flashing everyone a charming smile.

"of course," the prince responded cheerily. everyone was smiling now, even minghao who has the slightest, most subtle look of amusant on his face. the prince stood up and clapped his hands, "now that everyone's looking less dead, let's get this plan rolling."

dressing in drab cloaks to blend in, the team headed out into the already busy streets. mei, along with eighty other peasants with deadly weapons hidden under their clothing spread out amongst the crowds. all of them keeping sharp eyes on guards.

"oh, excuse me." soonyoung walked up to a small stall on the streets that was selling weaponry. the old man sitting behind the counter smiled cheerfully, raising his red, rosy cheeks.

"how can i help you today?"

soonyoung paused before lifting his hood letting the man see his face. there was a slight pause before the man jumped out of his seat and grabbed soonyoung's hands from behind the stall. "oh! it's you! you're the kind man with the wonderful sword skills! i still haven't thanked you for helping me that one time!"

soonyoung laughed quietly and pulled back his hand, "sir, i have a favour to ask."

"ask away, it'd be my pleasure to help you."

"i would like you to make me sixty weapons. it can be anything as long as it's light and not too large." soonyoung dropped a bag of gold in front of the man, "my friends will come pick some up each day."