Chapter 9: The Moon is beautiful tonight, isn't it?

"...Soraru-san.", Mafumafu started as the older male in front of him covered his eyes to not let the younger male see his tears. "Mafu, I'm fine."

"A-are you sure?", the albino asked, frowning as the raven-haired male nodded silently. "But—"

"Just leave it, Mafu!", Soraru shouted as the brunet was grinning at them, the redhead having a bad feeling.

"Uwah, who thought that the "oh so perfect ikemen" can't handle spicy food to such an extent where he is crying~", Urata mocked.

"Shut up, shortie. You all are masochists for eating spicy food. All it does is making your mouth burn and it doesn't even taste like anything.", Soraru said as he quietly thanked Sakata when he passed him a glass of water.

"Don't call me a shortie, old man!", Urata responded. "Eh... But spicy food just kind of tastes good, you know? Some food just doesn't taste right if it isn't spicy enough.", Mafumafu said.

"You can say that cause you're probably an ultra masochist.", Soraru said as he put his glass of water back down.

"Eh?! I am not?!", Mafumafu screeched as the redhead watched how Urata and Mafumafu both started arguing with Soraru about different topics.

"U-um... how about we respect each other's preferences and stop insulting each other?", Sakata suggested, catching everyone's attention.

"Sakata is right. We shouldn't fight over such unimportant things.", Soraru said nodding as the brunet reluctantly nodded as well.

"So you calling me a masochist is unimportant?!", Mafumafu asked. "Well, you are obviously one, aren't you?", Soraru retorted. "No, I'm not!"

"You two calm the hell down and stop raising your voice!", Urata shouted. "The one who is raising his voice the most here is you, shortie."

"Call me that one more time and I will push you down the fu— freaking stairs!", Urata threatened the older male who didn't seem fazed. "No swearing? Did you do that for your beloved here?", Soraru asked, lifting his chin slightly so he was looking down on the brunet.

"Sakata is not my beloved!", the brunet exclaimed, though his face was slightly red. "Soraru-san never said that it was Sakatan though?", Mafumafu pointed out with a grin.

"Mafu, why are you siding with the person who just called you a masochist?", Urata asked in disbelief as the albino shrugged. "Just because~"

"Or is it that you secretly are a masochist so you won't deny it too much?", the brunet asked, hoping to aggravate the younger male somehow. It succeeded.

"That's not it! Don't try to change the topic!", Mafumafu shouted as Sakata merely watched them continue to bicker, eating his food in silence.

He originally didn't intend to go and eat dinner today but Urata had convinced him to go. And knowing how obedient Sakata was, the redhead accepted.

He tried his best not to show any sadness and bring the mood down. But he couldn't really actively join the conversation either. He really missed Shima... It hadn't even been a night yet and the redhead had already started to miss his friend.

Sakata had always thought that Shima was really good at this. He even thought that it might have even been Shima who could have won this game besides Urata.

But now, the purple-haired male was gone.

"You can count on me! I'll be back~ See you guys later!"

Those words which Shima had spoken so confidently... And yet, Urata and Sakata were never able to see him again.

But... Sakata couldn't allow himself to falter. Shima wouldn't have wanted them to be like that. He would have probably wanted them to stay positive and win for him.