Feelings

⊙●⊙●⊙●⊙●⊙●⊙●⊙●⊙●⊙

I had come to the conclusion that I was slowly gaining feelings for Oikawa. 

I hadn't realized how suddenly it began to happen, but as I started to learn more about him, the hate I felt slipped away. 

Ever since that day in the kitchen, I was sure that my feelings were real. 

Even with that, I took a few days to really think about it. 

I wanted to tell Oikawa how I felt and more than anything, I wanted to know if he felt the same. 

That morning I woke up to the sun shining brightly through my curtains. 

I instantly rose from my bed and twirled around my room. 

I felt giddy and happy. I turned on an upbeat playlist as I took extra time to get ready. 

I did my hair nicely, put on my school uniform, and even applied a small amount of makeup. 

As I hopped down the steps, I found my mom in the kitchen alone. 

"Where's Hajime?" I asked. 

"Oh honey. He just left with Oikawa, he had an early meeting today. So I'll take you to school. Come have breakfast." I slouched in my seat at the words, but I wasn't going to let that stop me. 

I ate breakfast and my mom drove me to school. 

"Bye! Remember to walk home with someone today!" She called out. 

I rolled my eyes at her overprotectiveness and called out a reassuring response. 

From there, I headed to class and spent the majority of the day thinking about him. 

At lunch time, I reached for my phone and saw a message from Hajime. 

He wouldn't be able to walk me home today, so Oikawa was going to. 

My heart raced at the words, this was going to be my chance! 

"Erica-chan!" Yachi called out as she raced over to me with two milk cartons. 

"Yachi-chan, oh my gosh we have so much to catch up on!" I babbled. 

"Sleepover tonight?" She asked while wiggling her eyebrows. 

"Absolutely!" I agreed. 

The rest of the school day was filled with my daydreams of how things would go after school. 

I couldn't believe how much had changed in the past months, but I was also so happy. When the school bell rang, signifying our release, I was the first student to rise from my seat and race out of the classroom. 

I was headed straight to the front of the school, where Oikawa would be waiting, but I was suddenly grabbed. 

"Iwaizumi, can I speak with you for a minute?" I turned to see Kageyama's face staring down at me. 

"Of course, but I'm in a bit of a hurry. Could it wait?" I muttered, not wanting to keep Oikawa waiting. 

"N-no, it's important. Please, it won't take long." I could see that something was troubling him and agreed. 

"What's up Kageyama?" I urged. 

We had relocated to a more secluded spot in the school. 

"I-I really enjoy spending time with you Iwaizumi. Even when we were in Middle School. You were always so cool and stood up against Oikawa for me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I like you, and I really want to take you out sometime."