IV

Louis quickly sucked down his first glass of wine despite scrunching his face up at the bitter and foreign taste. That taste didn't stop him from beginning to work on a second.

He didn't even notice Harry looking over at his adorable wrinkled nose with something close to affection. He'd heard that being buzzed makes you less inhibited, so he'd do that before walking around to meet the rest of the family.

You can get buzzed off wine, right?

"So, I told him if he wanted to give me detention than I'd go to the principal and tell him about all his special touches after class with Louis that I witnessed." Niall took on an overly sweet omegan tone, as he explained why he was late for pickup. Liam and Harry busted out laughing and Louis' jaw dropped at the other omega's audacity.

Did he really accuse a teacher of sexual abuse on Louis' behalf?

Louis' already feeling the effect of the wine, blurted out, "Why did you say my name?"

"Because Dr. Langman wouldn't believe if it was me but you're such a softy he'd throw a real fit over you." Niall explained easily and Louis' heart sank. Niall really thought people wouldn't care if he was being abused by a teacher. He knew that this was supposed to be a funny story, but Louis just felt sad by the revelation.

"Niall." Louis whined, turning to the other omega, "Just because you're a strong omega doesn't mean you don't deserve to be treated kindly and protected." Harry looked over the two omegas with startled eyes.

He'd known Niall since the day he was born, and he'd never seen anyone so gentle with him. In this family no one could be weak, even omegas, so Niall was forced from a young age to be more than what his gender demanded. He wasn't allowed to cry to his parents or hold their hands. The first person to treat Niall with any semblance of the omega he was, was actually Liam. Even then the pair didn't adhere to typical behaviors.

But, here, this new and soft-spoken omega was telling Niall he could be gentle. He wasn't condescending or attempting to catch the omega off guard and weak, he was genuine and none of the three knew how to take it. Niall's face softened too, and he gulped.

"Ok." Liam stepped in grabbing Louis' now empty second glass of wine, "Someone has had too much." Louis allowed the glass to be taken from his hand and the subject to be dropped.

By the end of the night everyone was raving over Bobby's new beautiful fiancé and her flushed but shy omega son. Everyone that was but Edward who instead glowered at his brother and the heart eyes he made at the new omega.

He would not let this happen.

It was already mid-November when Louis was approached by a nicely dressed woman in a dark pea coat outside The Academy, "Are you Louis Tomlinson?"

Louis looked around not noticing any other people in sight before nervously nodding, "Yeah. Do I know you?"

"No." She had a nice smile and Louis felt a little more at ease, he thought she may be a more dominant beta, "My name is Jane Rizzoli and I'm a detective for the city of New York."

Louis' eyebrows furrow as he looked at the badge, she presented him with, "Oh? That's cool."

"Yeah." She smiled and stepped closer, now Louis could clearly smell she was a beta, "Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"

Louis shrugged and nodded, "I have like fifteen minutes before my ride gets here."

She nodded and dove in pulling a picture from her pocket of Bobby, "Do you know who this is?"

"Yeah." Louis looked over the picture taken through a shop window, "That's my mom's fiancé, Bobby. Did something happen to him?"

"No, but Louis do you know what he does for a living?"