XXII

"What're you reading on there?" Louis heard Jo's voice before he noticed the fact that she'd settled herself next to Edward on the jet.

Edward peered down at her in surprise. He had known she'd been there for a little bit but if the hour she spent only nodding as Harry asked her questions about her favorite things was anything to go by, he assumed she'd remain quiet. Whereas the girl had previously snuggled into Louis' side and prompted her mother to answer the questions, now here she sat looking up at him with eyes so painfully similar that he paused, "Uhh... it's the wall street journal."

"What's the wall street?" Jo asked now peering down at the iPad, looking at the overly complicated wording.

"It's a place in New York City where people trade stocks." Edward answered trying not to talk down to the little girl.

"My Mumma is from New York." She stated rising on her knees so she was now level with Edward's face, "Are you from New York too?"

"Yes." Edward nodded, "Your mom and I are from the same place."

"How long have you known my mumma?" Edward felt a small smile pulling at the corner of his mouth, the girl was interrogating him. Louis didn't even know what a perfect little heir she could have been.

"I met your mother when he was still in high school."

Before she could continue her line of questioning, Harry came to stand beside their little couch area, "Hey, there you two."

Jo looked to Edward with raised eyebrows and he understood her nervousness. Harry was too excited, and the little girl didn't know what to do with that energy. The more severe twin on the other hand, she understood. Harry's face fell a little when the little girl didn't answer and Edward felt a little twinge in his heart.

"Hello, Harry." Edward smiled up at his twin, who moved his gaze from the little girl over to his brother. After all this time it was odd to see his brother look to him with an emotion other than anger or apathy.

"Hey." His smile soft.

"I was just telling Jo here about the stock market, but I was wondering if she knows anything about Disney plus?"

"Yeah?" Jo whispered suddenly with wide eyes, "Do you have Disney on your ipad?"

"I do." Edward nodded looking to Harry with a wink, "But my brother Harry here knows the password, so he'd have to watch with us. Is that ok?"

Jo looked to Harry and quickly nodded, "Please, Harry?"

Harry's grin broke across his face and he nodded sliding next to Jo who now held the ipad looking to Harry to fix the app. When he pulled up the app the little girl saw the characters and frowned clicking on the one labeled 'Lou'.

"Is this mumma's?" She looked to Edward with furrowed brows.

"No, that's my niece Lou." Ed nodded encouragingly, "Why don't you make your own?"

"My own?" The little girl asked with surprise, "Like I could use it more than just right now?"

"Yeah." Harry nodded and the smile that took over her face was directly proportional to the swelling of pride in his chest, "You can use it whenever you want." 

Louis who looked on from across the aisle bit his lip just thinking about the way Jo had this alpha wrapped around her finger. Louis would have to be careful because in a blink of an eye she'll be a posh teenager with a black amex with a limit higher than a small country's GDP, like Niall had been.

The rest of the flight was spent with Jo explaining the plot of Moana to Harry and Edward, who watched the little girl more than the movie. It was a wonder to see a human being with their eyes and Louis dimples animated right there in front of them.