IX

When Louis got into his mother's new car after one of his longest day's so far, he slumped heavily against the seat. His mother went from their ten-year-old car with crappy heating and doors that didn't lock to a brand new Mercedes S class and Louis didn't like it.

He didn't like the way her nails were always perfectly manicured, and her makeup artfully done. He didn't like the way she barely had any time for her previous interest. He didn't like how everything had changed so suddenly. And most noticeably he didn't like the way his mother chattered insistently about every small detail for her wedding.

"...and you'll be wearing a maroon boutonniere in your pocket. Have you gotten fitted for that suit yet? Because if you haven't..."

"Honestly mom I don't care!" Louis finally huffed, crossing his arms and pouting.

"Whoa there! What's up, butter cup?" His mother glanced at him chuckling.

"What's up?" Louis' voice rose in pitch, "We haven't really talked in over three months and every time we do all you talk about is your dumb wedding! You've been so absorbed in yourself that you literally forgot me at home this morning."

"Well Louis, this is a very important day for me!" Jay explained, softly, "And you haven't been driving with me lately it was an honest mistake."

"Sure! but don't you care about my life?" Louis asked, "Like what if I needed to talk to you?"

"Then talk to me!" She asked genuinely but when Louis looked to her, he just shook his head. She's not someone he can trust anymore. She's barely someone he recognizes anymore.

"If I asked you not to marry him, would you listen?" Louis' voice cracked, "If I told you we couldn't join this family?"

"Louis. I love him." His mother's eyes remain firm on the road, she couldn't bear to see her son in distress, "I'm marrying him whether you approve or otherwise."

Louis felt tears fill his eyes and then pour over silently. Harry was good for now. But what would happen the next time he exploded and lost his temper? What happens the next time he hits Louis or grabs him too hard? What's going to happen when Harry gets bored?

He knew Niall wouldn't help after what happened on Thanksgiving. But until this very moment he had held even the slightest bit of hope that his mother could save him. That she could fix everything like she would when he'd fall off his bike back in grade school, but she wouldn't. She didn't want to. He had no one. He had no way out. All he had was Harry.

Louis spent the next two minutes of their car ride in silence and when his mother pulled into the enormous garage, Louis jumped out. He could hear his mother calling to him, but he couldn't stop his tears and he didn't have anything else to say. If he was going to be Harry's than he supposed, he might as well get the alpha to mate him already.

Louis took the steps two at a time and didn't knock when he arrived at the twin's door. He would like to believe that he knew Harry was alone in there but right now he didn't care. He didn't care if Edward was in there or if God himself were in that room.

Harry stood from his unofficial seat near the fire when Louis flung the door open. Louis stalked his way across the room dropping his bag and coat as he walked. When he came toe to toe with Harry, the omega reached up and pulled Harry down into a harsh and unsatisfying kiss. Harry attempted to lighten the kiss by placing soft but firm hands onto the side of Louis' face, but Louis wouldn't have any of that.

Louis' nimble fingers made their way to Harry's belt pulling it open before the alpha grabbed Louis' hands. Harry held Louis' wrists in one hand and grabbed Louis' chin with the other, "Why're you crying, baby boy?"