Chapter Eight

G R E G ' S   P O V :

 Violently tugging Shane out of the room and shoving him against the wall, I yanked at his shirt collar. "What the fuck was that? I thought we fucking agreed not to say anything." I shouted angrily. 

 "'We' never agreed anything. She deserved to know!"

 "Elliot deserves to know a hand full of things, that doesn't mean that she can handle them, you fuck! I have known her longer than she will even be in your life. When I tell you she can't handle something, it's for a Goddamn reason."

 Shouting from inside Elliot's room distracted me causing me to lose my grip on Shane. He slid down the wall and brushed himself off. I held my finger in his face, "If you say one fucking word, I will beat the shit out of you."

 As I peeked through the crack of the door, I saw Elliot standing inches away from her sister with a glare on her face I've only ever gotten once. "You hit on both of them?" She shouted. 

 "Hey, it's not my fault you can't make up your mind! Like, Shane saw the looks you gave Greg so I was going to cheer him up. It wasn't gonna be anything serious. You have to chill." Annie said defensively. 

 Elliot backed away and laughed humorlessly. "'Cheer him up?' What goes on between Greg and I or Shane and I is none of your fucking business. Don't tell me to 'chill' when you tried to get in both of their pants', Annie!"

 "You aren't scary, Elliot. Just spill what's happening between you and Greg!" For someone who claimed not to be scared, Annie sure was shaking and turning a bright shade of pink.

 Elliot's cheeks burned. I wasn't sure if it was out of anger or embarrassment. "Nothing is going on."

 "Doesn't look like nothing. I'm not the only one who sees it, you know."

 "What the hell are you talking about now?"

 She rolled her eyes. "Everyone sees how you look at each other! No guy has ever looked at me the way he looks at you, Ellie."

She turned to me and whispered, "It's true."

"Can this wait? I'm trying to listen for an explanation." I spat. "Wait, what?"

"It's true," he sighed. "It's extremely obvious. Even when that little blonde bitch is holding your hand, you look at Ell like she's your world. Kind of like she's a queen. The only problem is, she doesn't acknowledge it. You must care about her far more than I ever could no matter how much I think I'm falling for her."

 I moved away from the door. It was completely possible that he was right but I wasn't knowingly doing any of this but it sounded like Elliot wasn't either. He wasn't the first person to assume we loved each other, I'll give him that.

 Vallery came stomping up the stairs, curlers wrapped in her hair and dressed in a fluffy purple robe. She placed her hands on her hips and started tapped her foot as if that told us she wanted an explanation.

 "Ask Elliot," I said, Shane and I both pointed to the bedroom door. 

 "You fucking whore!" Elliot yelled. That was Elliot going easy on someone during an 'argument.' I had expected something with a little more fight to it, but Elliot was never one to be predictable.

 "I'm the whore?" Annie shouted, dodging around the bedroom away from Ell. "You're the one with two beautiful men following you around like dogs! You could at least share whatever you're getting from them!"

 Elliot let out a frustrated scream. "Are you listening to yourself?"

 The doorbell suddenly rang, pulling everyone out of their thoughts and arguments. "I'll get it," Elliot growled. She ran out of the bedroom before I could offer to get it for her and tripped her way downstairs until everyone heard the front door open.