Chapter 31

"Mom, where are the balloons?" I asked her from the kitchen.

"Oh, I left them in the car!" She said.

"It's ok, I'll go get them." I said. I walked to the garage, and found the blue, purple, and silver balloons in the back. They must have fallen out of the bag. I took them inside and into the living room.

"OOH! I wanna do the balloons!" Amy said excitedly.

"No." I said firmly.

"Why not?" She whined.

"Because I want the helium in the balloons, and not in your lungs." I said with a fake smile.

"Fine... I'll do the table." She said, walking to the kitchen.

"Liam is getting the cake still, right?" Mom asked.

"Yeah, I double checked with him this morning." I said.

I blew up the balloons and tied them in little clusters all over the house. Amy finished the table, and mom set out the little gifts we got her. My phone dinged and I picked it up.

Liam: We got the cake. On our way.

Mia: Thank you.

"They're on their way." I said setting down my phone. My heart races with every phone call and notification, but I still haven't heard from him.

"What else needs to be done?" Amy asked.

"I think that's it. I need to go get dressed." I said walking into my bedroom.

I pulled on some black leggings and a white tank top. I found a brown long sleeved shirt, and put that on too, then put on a pair of fuzzy socks to keep my feet warm. 

I heard the doorbell, and hurried over to let them in out of the cold

"Mommy!" Izzy said jumping into my arms.

"Happy early birthday honey." I said hugging her tight.

"I'm so excited!" she said bouncing in my arms. I set her down and she ran into the living room to see Amy.

"Come in before you freeze." I said to Liam.

He smiled and stepped inside. "It looks great in here." He said looking at the decorations.

"Thanks. I'll take the cake." I said, carefully taking it and walking into the kitchen.

"Hi Liam." Mom said, giving him a side hug.

"Hi Lynn."

"Mommy! I have presents!" Izzy said bouncing.

"You can open them after dinner." I said, smiling at her.

Mom made Izzy's favorite, macaroni and cheese with chicken casserole. We all sat and ate an early dinner. When we were done, I brought over her Frozen themed cake, and I put the little '5' candle on it and lit it while Amy shut off the lights. We all sang to her, then I crouched down next to her.