Chapter 16

A/N - Oh my god. Here we go. These next few chapters will heavily influence Elise's up and coming regeneration. It's not pretty, so it will impact the personality of her next body and that body's journey.

The Doctor, the Ponds, and Elise were enjoying the nice sunny day in New York City. The Doctor and Amy were reading, while Elise was sitting in front of her easel painting Central Park. Rory was just lounging on the rocks they were perched on.

No running, just relaxing.

"New York growled at my window, but I was ready for it. My stocking seams were straight, my lipstick was combat ready, and I was packing cleavage that could fell an ox at twenty feet," the Doctor read.

"Doctor, you're doing it again," Amy told him.

"I'm reading!"

"Aloud. Please could you not?"

The Doctor turned around to look at her. "There's something different about you, isn't there?"

"What's the book?" Rory asked.

"Melody Malone. She's a private detective in old town New York."

"She's got ice in her heart and a kiss on her lips, and a vulnerable side she keeps well hidden," Amy recited.

"Oh, you've read it?"

"You read it. Aloud. And then went Yowza!"

"You know, only you could fancy someone in a book," Rory told him.

"I'm just reading it. I just like the cover."

"Ooo, can we see the cover?" Amy asked.

"No, no, I'm busy." He examined Amy again. "It's your hair! Is it your hair?"

"Oh, shut up. It's the glasses." She fiddled with them. "I'm wearing reading glasses now, on my nose, see? There you go."

"I don't like them. They make your eyes look all liney." He raised the glasses. "No, actually, sorry. They're fine. Carry on." And then lowered them.

Rory jumped up. "Okay, I'm going to go and get us some more coffee. Who wants more coffee? Me too. I'll go!" Rory grabbed Elise's arm and pulled her up.

"Hey!"

"Rory, do I have noticeable lines on my eyes now?" Amy asked him.

"Yes," the Doctor said.

"No," Rory answered.

"You didn't look," Amy said.

Rory turned around and said, "I noticed them earlier. Didn't notice them. I specifically remember not noticing them."

"You walk among fire pits, Centurion."

"Do I have to come over there?" Rory walked over to her.

"You can if you like."

"Well, we have company."

"I'll get a babysitter."

Amy and Rory kissed.

The Doctor sighed while Elise just made a disgusted face.

"Oh, do you know, it is so humiliating when you do that," the Doctor told them.

"Coffee?" Rory asked Amy.

"Coffee."

Rory and Elise walked off.