Chapter 42

A/N - Welcome to the 50th Anniversary Special! I am so excited for you guys to read this! As a celebration of a year of me posting these stories, the next chapter will be the day after Christmas. This one will contain my biggest reveal so far.

The Doctor and Elise sat in the TARDIS.

"Remind me again why we're parked here," Elise said.

There was a honk and the TARDIS doors opened, Clara driving in on her motorcycle.

Elise rushed over to it. "This is gorgeous! Much better than my Vespa."

"Oi!" the Doctor snapped. The Doctor ignored Clara and simply said, "Draft."

Clara clicked her fingers and the doors closed. It still surprised Elise, but apparently it had something to do with Clara stepping into his time stream.

"Fancy a week in ancient Mesopotamia followed by future Mars?" the Doctor asked her.

"Will there be cocktails?"

The Doctor stood up and took off his glasses. He'd been reading a book on Quantum Physics for some reason. "On the Moon."

Clara nodded. "The Moon'll do."

The two of them laughed and the Doctor hugged her, spinning her around. "How's the new job? Teach anything good?"

"No. Learn anything?"

"Not a thing."

They high fived with both hands and an alert went off on the TARDIS monitor.

"What's happening?" Clara asked.

The TARDIS shuddered.

"Whoa, whoa. We're taking off, but the engines aren't going." The Doctor grabbed for the phone outside the TARDIS.

"Why don't you have one on the console anymore!" Elise yelled over the sound of the wind.

"Kate! No kidding!" the Doctor yelled. He held out the phone into the wind so she could hear the helicopter carrying the TARDIS.

The helicopter banked hard, sending the Doctor out of the TARDIS.

"Doctor!"

"Dad!"

Clara and Elise grabbed onto him.

"Next time, would it kill you to knock?" the Doctor yelled, "Whoa! I'm just going to pop you on hold." He let go of the phone and was now holding onto the bottom of the TARDIS.

"You are determined to make me regenerate today!" Elise yelled at him.

The TARDIS landed safely in Trafalgar Square.

The Doctor saluted Kate and the rest of UNIT. "Why am I saluting?" the Doctor asked. He lowered his hand.

"Doctor, as Chief Scientific Officer, may I extend the official apologies of UNIT..." Kate started.

"Kate Lethbridge Stewart, a word to the wise. As I'm sure your father would have told you, I don't like being picked up."

Elise and Clara hopped down from the TARDIS and walked towards Kate and a girl with a long multi-colored scarf that Elise had seen hanging in the TARDIS wardrobe one day.

"That probably sounded better in his head," Clara told her.

"Elise, I see you've regenerated," Kate said, "We'll have to update your file. As for why you're here, I'm acting on instructions direct from the throne." Kate held out a letter. "Sealed orders from her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth the First."