Chapter 18

A/N - Welcome to Series 7b! Oh, I am so excited!

They'd been in Victorian England for Elise didn't know how long. They only left the TARDIS when they needed something or visit to Madame Vastra.

Right now they were headed back to the TARDIS after a dinner out for Elise's birthday. Or at least what she thought was her birthday.

The Doctor could sense she was becoming restless just spending every day in the TARDIS.

They walked past a woman and a snowman. "Did you make this snowman?" the woman asked.

"No," the Doctor said.

"Well, who did? Because it wasn't there a second ago. It just appeared, from nowhere."

The Doctor turned around and walked towards the snowman. He slipped on Amy's (and now his) glasses and looked at it. He picked some of the snow off the snowman. "Maybe it's snow that fell before. Maybe it remembers how to make snowmen."

"What, snow that can remember? That's silly."

"What's wrong with silly?"

"Nothing. Still talking to you, ain't I?"

Elise smiled. She liked this girl.

"What's your name?" The Doctor took off his glasses.

"Clara."

"Nice name. Clara. You should definitely keep it. Goodbye!" He walked back towards Elise and grabbed her arm, dragging her away from the girl and the snowman.

"Oi! Where are you going? I thought we was just getting acquainted."

The Doctor looked at her with a wistful smile. "Those were the days."

"Wait. Are we just gonna leave her there?" Elise asked.

"Yes."

"But...but what if the snowman is dangerous?"

"It's not our problem anymore. Now get in the carriage." He opened the carriage door.

"Amy would've helped her," Elise muttered.

"Get. In. The. Carriage."

Elise glared at him, but got in the carriage. She didn't even have the luxury of slamming the door like she wanted to.

The Doctor got in and called Madame Vastra.

"So, how was your jaunt around Victorian England?" she asked.

"We met a girl," Elise said, ignoring her father glaring at her.

"How refreshing to see you taking an interest again. Was she nice?"

"I just spoke to her," the Doctor said.

"And made your usual impact, no doubt."

"No, no impact at all. Those days are over."

"You can't help yourself. It's the same story every time. And it always begins with the same two words."

"She'll never be able to find me again. She doesn't even have the name. Doctor. What two words?"

The hatch on the roof opened and Clara poked her head in. "Doctor? Doctor who?" she asked.

The carriage rocked back and forth as Clara tried to get out.