CHAPTER 3

A few years passed and I was Caspian's caretaker. I made sure he ate his meals and took care of his hygiene. In secret I taught him how to fight and how to handle a sword. The professor taught him about Narnia's traditions without Caspian's uncle knowledge. I didn't trust that man. His uncle Miraz was a dangerous man who often tried to flirt with me, telling me that I could be queen if I give him a heir to the throne and killed Caspian. When he proposed that to me, I was in shock. This man was going to kill Caspian if he finds a women and give birth to a son. 

That was one of the reasons I never left Caspian's side. I was always with him, day and night. I sometimes slept in his room, watching him sleep. As the day passed, I was again not a child. I was a women and Caspian was turning into a young man. His hair was longer, his sword abilities were getting better. He was a great man as I raised him as my own. He was humble and going to be a great King. 

On his fourteen birthday, I have him a necklace with a little lion. I told him about Aslan and how he helped so many Narnias. I asked him to keep the secret and  made him promise that he would always take care of himself and that he would always be humble and nice to everyone, and that one day he would meet the kings and queens of old. 

"Will I meet the protector too? She is my favorite character in this book" He said as I tuck him and grab the book from his hands. It was a book that the profesor secretly wrote for him telling him stories about the White witch and Peter, Susan, Lucy, Edmund and myself. 

I smiled and loooked at him. "What do you like about the protector?"I asked with curiosity in my voice. 

"Well, she is strong. She fought alone to protect Narnia. She protected the queens and kings, just like you. You are my protector. You protect me of all harm and take care of me when I'm sick. You are my protector Maggui" He said as his eyes closed. 

My eyes started to get tears. I smiled and looked at him, as his breaths stared to get calmer. 

"I will always protect you. My darling" I said as I kissed his head.

Time passed and Miraz got married. Miraz got married to Prunaprismia, she became queen of Telmar. She was nice to Caspian and to me which gave me a little bit of peace. When it was the celebration, I took Caspian to sleep. I was about to go to my room, when I felt someone grab my arm and took me to a room. 

I looked at him and saw Miraz, his breath smelled like wine, 

"What do you want? " I asked as I pushed him away from me. 

"I'm your king, you should respect me. You never did, maybe I teach you some manners" He said trying to get close to me. 

I grabbed my dagger and pressed it against his throat. 

"I dare you to try it. You will never be my king. And I were you, I would respect your wife and leave me alone"I said looking at his eyes. 

He smiled and walked away from me. 

"You know I had always liked you, from the first day I saw you. I know you were a child back then, but there was something about you. You were a women trapped in a child's body. Your mentality and the way you talked. You should had married me. then you would have been safe." He said as he walked out the room. 

Was that a threat? What does he mean by that? was he going to kill me? I ran to the professor room. I knock, he was already sleeping.

"Maggui, what is wrong?" He asked with concern in his voice. 

"Miraz is going to kill me. "I said as I entered his room. "And if he does, you have to take care of Caspian" I said with fear in my eyes. 

"I promise" He said.