37

Jungkook wakes up the next morning with a warm fuzzy feeling in his chest. He looks down and sees Jimin clinging to his torso. He reaches down and gently rubs the curve of Jimin's waist.

"You awake?"

No response.

Jungkook carefully pries himself out of his hold, trying his best to not wake him up. Jimin stirs and opens one eye. "Hmm?..."

Jungkook grabs a pillow and hands it to him so he can have something to hug. "I'm gonna go get some water. Do you want anything?"

Jimin shakes his head and clings to the pillow. Jungkook gives him a kiss. "Sorry for waking you up."

Jimin grins and giggles softly. "It's okay..."

"Are you sure you don't want anything?"

"Some water, I guess."

Jungkook looks around and grabs a random T-shirt, handing it to Jimin. "Okay. Go back to sleep for now. You look so tired."

He walks over to the door and walks out. As soon as he closes the door, he freezes.

Junghyun is standing right outside. "Who's in your room?"

"None of your business."

"Is it Jimin?"

Jungkook just crosses his arms and gulps. "Leave him alone. He can do whatever he wants—"

Junghyun tries to reach for Jungkook's doorknob but he stops him. "He's sleeping right now. I don't want you to wake him up."

"Bullshit. I just heard you guys talking."

"He fell back asleep. He's really tired right now."

Junghyun let's out an incredulous chuckle. "I can't believe you hooked up with Jimin. Was it worth it?"

"Worth what?"

"Going behind my back just for one lousy hook up."

"I'm not hooking up with him. I never hooked up with him. And don't call him lousy."

Junghyun's face falls. "What do you mean?"

"I've been dating him since November."

Junghyun shakes his head. "No. You're lying."

"I'm not."

Junghyun scoffs. "You've been lying to me this whole time?"

Jungkook's door opens slowly. Jimin is standing there with a solemn expression. "Junghyun... I'm sorry... I want to be friends with you but I want to be with Jungkook too so we had to date without you knowing."

"We aren't friends anymore."

"Why not?"

"Because you're dating my brother! I told you I didn't want you to date him, but you did. You betrayed me. It's so obvious that you don't give a fuck about my feelings."

Jimin glares at him. "What about my feelings?! If I'm happy with him, then you shouldn't have a problem with it!"

"He's my brother!"

"Who cares?! Why does it matter?! Our relationship doesn't affect you at all. Nothing has changed between us during the past few months."

"Except for the fact that you've been blatantly lying to me."

"We needed to!"

"You should've just told me."

"You would've stopped being friends with me."

Junghyun chuckles. "I would've stopped being your friend either way. Lying to me was worse than just being honest to me."

Jimin tears up. "I don't understand why we can't be friends."

"Because it's awkward as hell."

"It doesn't have to be. You can get used to it." A tear falls down his cheek and Jungkook wipes it away.

"Baby, go back to sleep."

Jimin shakes his head and sniffles. "I don't think I can."

"At least go lie down."

"But—"

"You guys should have this conversation later. You aren't good at having serious conversations when you're tired. You just get emotional."

Jimin wipes a tear away before nodding. "You're right..."

Jungkook kisses his forehead softly. "I'll be there in a minute. Do you still want water?"

Jimin nods and walks back into Jungkook's room, closing the door.

Jungkook turns to Junghyun. "Get over yourself. It might awkward, but Jimin is happy. That should be what's important to you."

Junghyun just turns around and walks back into his own room. Jungkook sighs and goes to grab water.

-