18

Jimin walks back into his house at 11pm. His mom is still awake, sitting in the kitchen. "Hi Minnie. How was the party?"

Jimin walks into her arms and bursts into tears. She runs her fingers through his hair. "What happened?"

"I-I accidentally drank alcoholic lemonade a-and..." He starts crying so hard that he can't talk.

His mom gently rubs his back. "It's okay, baby. What else happened?"

"Jungkookie likes a girl." His face crumples up again and his mom squeezes him a bit tighter. "It's okay, sweetie. You'll be okay."

Jimin pathetically wraps his arms around his mom. "Jungkookie likes someone else."

"Your first heartbreak always hurts the worst, but just know that the pain is only temporary. You'll find someone who loves you and cherishes you one day."

"B-But I want Jungkook to be that person."

"If it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be. I know it hurts, but it's the truth. You're still young, Jiminie. You'll forget about Jungkook and move on with time."

"I don't want to forget him."

"I know, sweetie. I know..."

-

Jungkook drives away from Jimin's drive way and parks near his neighborhood tennis court. "Why the fuck did Rina have to show up?..."

He picks his phone up.

Jimin

hey

sry about the party

end of conversation

-

He frowns when Jimin doesn't answer. Of course he's not answering. He's upset about Rina.

He drives back to his own house. He doesn't get much sleep that night. He's too mentally preoccupied.

Should he?

Is it the right time?

-