Ch 17: Tears

-the two boys were given detention after class and wasn't allowed to leave the school campus until they have cleaned their classrooms thoroughly-

Ahh this is all Kageyama's fault. He filled my head with thoughts of him and now I have to stay here and miss practice. Can't believe I got detention.
Agh!

Kageyama' s POV

What was keeping Hinata awake? I wonder.
He doesn't look like the type to stay awake and ponder on thoughts right? He definitely goes to bed and wakes up excitedly to play volleyball. What happened to him yesterday?..

Well I guess he's cleaning just like me. Too bad we're not classmates, I could've been in the same room with him..
aaaa what am i thinking! I shouldn't be daydreaming about Hinata.

*knock knock

Hm? Who could that be. And why knock, this isn't my house.

Anne Marie: Kageyama-kuuuun!
Kageyama: oh.. Hello.
Anne Marie: oh my my, why are you cleaning this room all by yourself? You should've told me.

Kageyama: oh sorry. I uh forgot.
Anne Marie: you know Kageyama, sometimes you don't have to do things alone, right now, I'm here to always help you!
Kageyama: .. O-okay.

Right now, I need Hinata..

This probably won't work. No matter how much I try, it's still him.
I've even tried texting Anne Marie to see if I would ever get used to texting her but I gave up the minute I sent the message.

This isn't working. Should I tell her? It never occurred to me how she would feel if I ever ended things. I'm such an idiot.

Kageyama: H-hey Anne Marie?
Anne Marie: yeah?.. O-oh! I almost forgot. Here.
Kageyama: hm? What's this?

-Anne Marie hands over a letter that looks like an invitation onto Kageyama's hands, she then gave him a smile and explained what it was all about-

Anne Marie: sorry if um it would be a hassle.. But I wanna invite you to my birthday! It's next week so um I would really love it if you came.

Ah this is bad. I can't break up with her on her birthday, that would make me look like such a jerk.. Even though I did use her for my selfish purposes.. I'm such an idiot. I was just thinking of myself, I forgot how she would feel if I ever told her the truth.
Whatever. Ill just wait till the birthday is over then I'll break up with her. It's better to stop it soon that keep it going.

Kageyama: u-uh.. Okay I'll come.
Anne Marie: yay! See you there!

-Anne Marie stood on her toes and slowly leaned in to Kageyama's cheek, about to kiss the tall boy, a screaming sound came outta nowhere and made her abruptly stop-

Hm? Who shouted my name?

- Hinata was holding on to the door handle, glaring at the two, panting at the door, and trying to speak-
Hinata: s-sorry for screaming.. I uh.. Just wanted to tell Kageyama that I'm done and I'm going home.
Kageyama: wh-what?
Hinata: bye.
Anne Marie: oh bye hinata!.. Huh? Kageyama?

-Kageyama removed himself from the grip of the blonde haired girl and rushed behind Hinata-

Kageyama: HINATA

Why- why is he crying..