The falling pyramid

Christeen...

"Jane I really think you should give Mal a little bit of time to breathe. She is having a hard time now and you bothering her with all these things might just add up to the list." I said as I followed behind Jane who had set her mind on asking Mal about these minor decor adjustments. I know she just wants to do her job right but she is fussing over it a bit too much and I know for sure that Mal already has enough on her plate as it is. 

"I am not happy about bothering her but I really need her consent," Jane dismissed me while she continued searching for Mal. "The only thing that is finished and ready for the cotillion so far is the music."

"Um...yeah, about that..." I got cut off by Jane who kept talking. 

"I simply can't wait to see you up on that stage in front of everyone." My head started spinning just thinking about such a thing. Sweet teacups I might actually end up having a panic attack in the near future. That is truly something I don't want to experience. How am I supposed to tell Jane that I am not sure about this? "It is going to be so amazing!" Jane exclaimed happily giving me a bright smile. 

"Yeah, so amazing," I mumbled forcing on a smile that faded right after she turned to the front. She seemed to spot Mal because she picked up her pace. How does that girl walk so fast? I was struggling to keep up with her. 

"Mal," Jane called pushing past the boys to get to Mal. 

"For such a petite girl she has a force of a bulldozer," I said under my breath completely stunned by how she just pushed Carlos and Jay aside. The two of them seemed to be a little taken back by it as well but didn't question it as they both walked over to me. 

"How's it going princess madness?" Jay asked with his usual smirk. I sighed. He keeps using this nickname for me knowing how much I hate it. The madness part that I can live with but princess? Purrlease. 

"The day has its ups and downs and it only just began. But I can manage," I answered forcing on a smile. I saw the unsure look Carlos was giving me and he was about to ask about it when Jay spoke again. 

"Actually, Carlos here wanted to tell you something," Jay announced pushing the white-haired boy forward so he almost bumped into me. He looked a bit scared when he stared into my eyes. Did something happen? 

"I...um...I just..." 

"Yes?" I asked urging him to spit it out of himself. I do love him but I need to go meet with Maddox and Cavan as we are all going to help Whitley with baking for a bit. And I just can't come late this time or they will have my head. 

"I was just wondering if you liked the carrot cake last night." Jay facepalmed while Dude let out an annoyed groan. 

"I um...I am allergic to carrots...I thought you knew that," I answered unsurely. I thought he picked up on that simple fact because Mad and my other Wonderland friends make such a big deal out of it. I mean it was pretty scary when I originally found out about my allergy here, but I survived. I just have to keep away from that orange vegetable. No big deal...tho carrot cake sounds nice. 

"Oh yeah...I guess I forgot." Carlos seemed a bit embarrassed but at the same time a bit angry probably because he forgot about the allergy. He often beats himself up for minor things like this. But to me, it really isn't that big of a deal if he forgets. I am not a sucker for such details. Jay had to pull him away in another direction while giving me a smile. 

"Don't mind the awkwardness. We'll see you at the practice today, head cheerleader," He saluted me whilst still pushing my boyfriend down the stairs. 

"Well, that was weird," I said to myself not thinking anyone was listening to me. 

"One would think that from life in Wonderland you would be prepared for any kind of weird." A voice from behind me said startling me a little. I turned around to come face to face with Cavan and Maddox.