"Let me go..." //MILEVEN

"The energy that is radiating is huge, if it doesn't stop her now ... it can destroy all of Hawkins ... no one will survive". Owens wiped the sweat from his face as he checked the energy measurements on his monitor, while everyone else watched a terrible scene in front of them.

The guys had read so many comics, so many superhero stories, they had seen so many fictional movies, but nothing prepared them for what they saw before their eyes on that night when the weather seemed to align with the situation.

Their friend ... El, after finally having defeated the Mind Flyer, had been stagnant, in a kind of shock unable to stop the energy that her body radiated, her body radiated light, which was confused with the lightning that was projected on the clouds, her gaze was lost while her body was soaked by the torrential rain and it seemed that at any moment everything would fly into a thousand pieces.

They were on a cliff near a river that fed water to the Lake of Lovers, they had decided to take the battle to the farthest place to avoid as much damage as possible, Eleven was near the shore levitating inches from the ground, behind her , an imminent fall towards a river raged by the strong storm that hit the city.

"Kid, please ... you have to stop, you have to .."

"She doesn't listen to you Chieff". Mike interrupted Hopper, his gaze was lost, his eyes were bloodshot from all the tears, his face did not look like that of a 16-year-old boy, he had aged in the last minutes, a shadow of fear had covered him when he realized that what was happening.

"She knew ... she always knew this would happen, I'm a fucking idiot, SHE ALWAYS KNEW!"

Mike fell to his knees to the ground, unable to contain all his frustration, clutching the grass and mud between his hands, wanting to lose himself in them, due to the helplessness he felt.

"What do you mean Mike?" . Hopper crouched down to be at his height, forcing him to look at him. "Damn it, talk to me Wheeler!!"

"She knew this could happen ... she told me that if this moment came ... we had to sa..sacrifice her".

Mike let out the rest of his tears as he watched the girl he loved, so lost in her own world, unaware of the catastrophe she was about to cause, she shone in tune with the storm of that night as the memories of months ago came to his mind, the memories of weeks ago when everything was fine and they were two lovers enjoying each other's company in that same place.

.............................................

It was a beautiful afternoon, Mike had decided to organize a romantic picnic for El , as soon as the Byers returned to Hawkins, all he wanted was to make up for lost time with his girlfriend.

He found a private place with a beautiful view near a river, there it was only them, the sound of the water and a beautiful view of the sunset.

Lying on the blanket they had shared as many kisses as they could, until their lips were tired, now they just enjoyed the silence, She was sitting leaning  her back against a tree, while Mike had his head in her lap and enjoyed the feeling of her hands combing each of his curls.

Both were infinitely happy, especially after having recovered Hopper, discovering that he was alive was a miracle for everyone and thanks to the help of Dr. Owens and a whole rescue operation, he had returned to them, at last everything seemed to be well, they were where they belonged, in each other's arms... but there was something spinning in El's head... something that overshadowed this moment, a fear that was growing inside her and pressing down on her chest.

She didn't want to ruin this moment, but her instincts told her that this was necessary, that this could not be postponed.

"Mike ... I want you to promise me something". Eleven said while stroking his hair, no matter how comfortable Mike was at this moment, the seriousness in El's voice made him turn so that their eyes met, it was always like that, it was not difficult for him to give her his full attention He loved hearing her speak, hearing her express herself, and the way she shared every thought with him.