20 | the incident

A tense silence filled the car as Five drove down the road to Jenkins' cabin along with the rest of his siblings. The absence of three members was palpably felt, especially Allison and Y/N.

Luther was biting his nails, Klaus was staring ahead, and Diego—

"Hey, can you go any faster," Luther asked impatiently.

"Ask me again, and I'll burn you with the cigarette lighter," Five snapped, eyes fixed on the road. Luther slumped back in his seat, silenced.

Despite his harsh words, Five was just as worried. Y/N and Allison were family, and he cared deeply for them, even if he didn't show it.

The cabin came into view, and Five accelerated. He parked next to the mailbox, and they all rushed out of the car, charging up the porch. Luther slammed the door open and immediately saw Allison's bloodied body.

"Allison! No!" Luther ran to her, cradling her in his arms. Diego and Klaus hovered nearby, their faces etched with worry, while Five scanned the room.

The cabin's interior was in shambles. Lights were fused, the table was cracked from the weight of the chandelier, and windows were shattered. But something else caught Five's attention.

"Hey, where's Y/N? Didn't she go with Allison?" Five asked, still looking around.

Diego and Klaus also looked up, their concern now doubled. Luther continued to hold Allison, trying to stop the bleeding.

Five's eyes landed on a display case in the corner. Among the debris, he saw a familiar bush of H/C hair. Cuts covered her face, and she was breathing heavily.

As Y/N shifted at the sound of their voices, Five rushed over and helped her up, checking for injuries. He placed his hands on her shoulders. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Where's Allison? And Vanya?"

Five furrowed his brows at her dismissing her injuries but reluctantly took his hands off her shoulders. "We need to help Allison. And I have something I need to tell you."

~~~

The tires screeched loudly on the damp street as they came to a halt in front of the Umbrella Academy. Doors flung open, and they carefully carried Allison out of the car, rushing her into the house.

"Come on! Hurry up," Luther urged, cradling Allison in his arms. Klaus and Y/N pushed the doors open for him.

Y/N winced slightly as she put weight on her arms and legs, feeling the cuts on her skin start to burn with the extra pressure. She gritted her teeth and pushed through the pain, knowing she could deal with it a while longer.

"She's suffered a severe laceration to her larynx," Grace informed them, her voice calm but urgent. "One of you will have to give blood."

"I will," they all said simultaneously.

"I'm doing it," Luther declared, already rolling up his sleeve when Pogo intervened.

"I'm afraid that's not possible, my dear boy," Pogo said calmly. "Your blood is more compatible to mine."

"Hey, don't sweat it," Klaus stepped in, trying to sound confident. "I-I got this, big guy. I love needles."

"Master Klaus, your blood is... How shall I say this? Too polluted," Pogo informed him delicately.

"Yeah, he's right. Out of my way," Y/N snapped, looking between Allison and Grace. "I can do it."

"You're already losing blood, moron," Five hissed, pushing her down into another seat.