thirty-seven

Calla

Calla

When I wake up the next morning, I don't feel any different. Sure, I'm content and stuck in a state of bliss while I trail my fingers along a sleeping Maddox's chest, but I'm not a brand new person. I'm still Calla Henrik. The only difference is I now know great sex has an incredible, stress-relieving effect. It also throws all good decision-making skills and logic right out the window. I should have been up hours ago, readying the campsite for our next lesson and updating the whiteboard. And I'm about to do just that, allowing Maddox to sleep in, when I feel the rough scrape of stubble across my shoulder. His breath is hot against my skin, making me even more aware of what's going on around me. We have done nothing remotely sexual, but he's already got a hard-on pressing against my butt cheek.

"Mmm," he murmurs, lips at my neck. "I wouldn't be opposed to waking up like this every morning."

I shiver as his hand slides up and over my hip, resting on my stomach.

"You know what's awesome?"

Several answers pop up in my head, and they all relate to last night. That he made me come several times tops my list. While Maddox is the kindest, most respectful man I've ever met, his mouth is filthy.

I love it.

After all the time I've spent avoiding relationships and focusing on my schoolwork, I now understand there's a deeper meaning to it. I not only avoided romance to benefit my grades and work ethic, but I also did it because I was waiting for Maddox.

"What?" I whisper.

Maddox takes me by the hips and rolls me over so I'm straddling his waist. The blankets fall from my shoulders, giving him an optimal view of my body. When his eyes rake downward, I feel no shame. With him, all my imperfections fall to the wayside and I'm left feeling content. He loves everything about me, and nothing will change that.

As I stare down at him, I note his cheeks are flushed and lips swollen. There's also a prominent hickey on his neck and scratch marks on his shoulders. Again, I feel no shame. Those marks are proof he did his part last night. Just like the ache in my core and bruised lips are proof I did my part.

"That we don't have a lesson to run until later this afternoon."

I lean down to kiss him. It isn't hard to understand what he's implying. What is hard, though, is the erection I can feel pressing against my inner thigh. I splay my hands across his bare chest, feeling his heart beat frantically. The moment our lips collide, my body ignites. I moan into his mouth and feel him harden the kiss as I tangle my fingers in his hair.

Maddox breaks the kiss, moving his mouth down to the hollow of my throat, and then up again.

"You know what else I love?" he murmurs, nipping my earlobe.

A shiver assaults my spine. "What?"

He trails his lips down to the sensitive spot below my ear. "You."