17 April 2019 - 3rd person POV

Romero stomped into Nestors office. "She's at the Milano! How did you miss that?" Standing to his full height Nestor didn't back down. "Then she's not going by Lucia Parada. And I'm not your soldier, so cut that attitude Romeo." Romero shrugged his shoulders, the closest thing to an apology he would make.

"How come you haven't talked about her before?" Nestor was curious, since most of the older generation treated the cartel like a big family.
"She got caught up in some of the blowback we got when she was a teen. She didn't want anything to do with it, which is fine by me but her mother couldn't understand and disowned her. I kept tabs on her whereabouts over the years but that was all. I reached out after her mom died and she finally decided to come back for a bit. Now, can we go get my daughter or do you want to gossip." Nestor nodded, ignoring the attitude, he knew there would be more to it but he accepted what Romero has told him, for now.

Pulling up to the hotel they headed up to the fourth floor and found the room and knocked as Romero yelled at the door impatiently. No one could've seen this coming. Nestor saw the face of the woman opening the door. He pushed it wide open as he stalked into the room towards her while she backed away just as quick. "You're alive!" Nestor said in disbelief a moment before Nadia's hand whipped out and slapped him hard across the face. "Fuck you, asshole!"

Her dad grabbed her hand before she could hit the man again. Nestor was palming his red cheek still shocked to see Nadia alive. "What's going in Lucia?" Her dad asked. "My name is Nadia dad. I don't share that bitches name anymore. And that prick is the reason I got excommunicated from the Navy. Thanks for that by the way. You's left me in a hospital in a fucking war zone without anything!"

Nestor held his hands up in defence. "I don't know what you are on about. They said you were dead, I saw you get shot. I held you as you passed out." He pulled the dog tags from his pocket and held them out to her. "They gave me these and a box of ashes." She grabbed the dog tags and looked them over. They were certainly hers and she was shot but not fatally. Something was seriously wrong with this whole situation.

"That's who's ashes are in your room?" Her dad asked his colleague who just nodded, still too shocked to speak. Collapsing into the chair, she fisted the dog tags. "I woke up a few days later in the hospital with nothing but a letter saying I was dishonourably discharged and a copy of our marriage certificate. I tried to call you but she said you didn't want to talk to me. That I ruined my career but if I left you alone I wouldn't destroy yours. And she said that you knew about the baby but didn't care." She shook with anger at what had been done. She looked at her dad who looked equally angry. "It's where I met that Mayan, Coco, he was the only one who helped me. Sent me to a village nearby who could get me on my feet."

Nestor was sitting in the coffee table, digesting the information. "I didn't know anything I swear. If I knew, I wouldn't have gone back on the ship, you gotta believe me. As soon as they handed me the box I left. I couldn't stay on that ship without you." She nodded, she could hear the sincerity in his voice. "You followed us today didn't you?" She asked him and he shook his head. "I thought I was going loco. I kept seeing you around the markets and with a little girl but I wasn't fol..."

He was cut off by the bedroom door opening and the little girl froze in the doorway unsure of the men in the room. "Mommy? What's going on?" Nadia jumped up and walked to her daughter and knelt down so they were at the same height. "It's okay baby, I have some people for you to meet." She walked the girl over to the couch and sat beside her.

"This is your abuelo Romero." The girl held her hand out for a shake and Romero came out of his shock and shook the girls hand before opening his arms offering a hug. The girl looked at her mom first before jumping into his arms. "Hola Abuelo. I'm Liberty but you can call me Libby, only people I like can call me Libby." She smiled brightly at her grandad and he couldn't help but smile back.

"And this is your papi. Nestor meet your daughter. Liberty Rose Oceteva." The man was still frozen with shock. "I. We have a daughter? You named her after the ship?" Nadia nodded, it was only fitting that Libby's name was so meaningful to both of them. "I was so scared when they told me I was pregnant, I didn't know what the hell I was doing but somehow we made it didn't we mija."

Libby was still standing in front of Nestor holding her little hand out waiting patiently. Instead of taking her hand he pushed the coffee table back and sat on the ground and pulled her into his arms. "Look at you, you are beautiful Libby. Mommy did a good job raising you, didn't she?" The girl nodded happily and played with his braids that matched hers. "See mommy, he does like black." The little girl giggled and Nestor raised an eyebrow to Nadia.

"Little bird spotted you in the markets, cafe and then outside the hotel. Described your black hair, black clothes, black guns and black Escalade plate number 3DHC638." The men were impressed with the girl. "You are very perceptive little one. Did mommy teach you that?" Romero asked and Libby nodded enthusiastically. "Mommy says we need to know what's going on around us in case something happens. We girls gotta stick together right mom?" Nadia laughed at the girl who sounded so serious. "That's right baby girl. Now, how about you go back to the room and watch some tv while the adults have a talk." The girl pouted but did as she was asked giggling as she walked past her daddy and prodded his cheek. "Your face is red."

They waited until the door closed before the whispered yelling began. Romero was demanding to know why he wasn't told about his granddaughter. Holding her hands up she told him to shut up. She pointed at her dad. "You and mom disowned me and never made contact with me so why should I have told you? I wasn't even going to tell you while I was here. She was in the car this morning when the Mayans came at us. I will not let her get like I did as a child. Not over my dead body." Nestor has moved closer to his wife and put a hand on her shoulder. She froze under his touch, feeling the connection she had missed for almost eight years. "No one will ever hurt our daughter, I promise you."

The group calmed down after getting the yelling off the their chests. They decided her and Libby still needed to come to the compound until they could find out what was happening and why the Mayans had attacked the same day as the Mendoza cartel attacked a shipment. Grabbing Libby, they headed to the Galindo compound.