25th December 2009

Something startled me and I jolted awake. I looked around but whatever it was didn't disturb anyone else. Peeling back the blankets, cold air greeted me and I shivered before grabbing my silk dressing gown. I could never get back to sleep after waking up. Throwing my hair up in a messy top bun I made my way through the ship to the top deck. At 3am it was silent, the wind had dropped and the night was still. Most of the crew were on land for the holidays and only a handful of us volunteered to stay behind.

"Can't sleep?" I jumped at the voice that had snuck up on me. I slapped his shoulder as he sat down beside me. "That's not very nice, Nestor. And here I thought we could be friends." He just chuckled, in the nine months working together the sexual tension had never dissipated only increased with time. "We could never be friends, querida." He knew the effect Spanish had on me yet he continued to tease me. It wasn't a lie though, friendship would never be enough.

"Merry Christmas, Nestor." I said quietly as I leant my head on his shoulder. "You too, Nadia. Why didn't you go home for the holidays?" I sighed. We had skirted around many topics, family had been one of them but it looks like that's gonna change. "I was disowned. I didn't want to be my mothers puppet anymore so she threw me out. And even if she didn't, I don't celebrate Christmas anymore."

He wrapped his arm around my waist and leant his head on mine. "What happened?" Ever the astute Nestor, he knew something had happened to dislike Christmas, not religion or anything else but an event. "A man came to kill me while my parents were at a Christmas party. He shot the teenage girl that was babysitting me but I escaped. Kind of ruined the idea of a stranger entering my house and leaving gifts." He went to open his mouth but I intervened. "I was 5." He looked at me oddly, more so about knowing his next question over my age at the time.

We had spent a lot of nights like this, 3am on the top deck was a time of peace and stillness for both of us. "Don't look at me like that. I know you. I can read you like a book, the mills and boon kind." I wiggle my eyebrows at him tauntingly. "Mills and what?" He was genuinely perplexed, how could he not have heard of it. "You know, like soft porn for soccer moms. Nestor grabbed her hand as she fell off the ship and pulled her to safety. The bodies crashed together as they landed on the deck. Their lips connected passionately before they tore the clothes of and he entered her tight pus-" Nestor clamped a hand down over my mouth signally someone was walking by.

We lay down so our heads couldn't be seen as they went past the rails. He groaned in my ear softly as I wriggled to get comfortable but my ass was rubbing over his front. "Me estas matando aqui." [You are killing me here.] Well that was not helping my resolve. The Spanish went straight to my core and I became super aware of his erection digging into my ass. Lord, give me strength. "So Officer, is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" I chose humour, hoping to diffuse the situation before we both get dishonourably discharged from service.

Nestor tried to look unaffected and stern but I could see through it. He could hide his lust when we were working but when it was just us, it seeped through his deliciously brown eyes. I rolled over so I was facing him instead, probably not the smartest move in retrospect. The full moon highlighted his cheekbones and jawline that I wanted to nibble on. My hand moved on its own and lay gently on his cheek. He placed his hand on top of mine, bringing it down to his lips where he kissed my palm.

I took that as an acceptance of sorts, it was the closest we had been before and certainly the most intimate. I took the opening and moved into him, claiming his lips. Oh god, I couldn't stop the moan that escaped. He tasted like heaven and when he rolled me onto my back and looked down at me I almost came right then. The intensity in his eyes, it burned into my soul. He froze for a moment and I thought he was going to pull away, I almost whimpered.

Thankfully, his control was not infallible when it comes to me and he lowered himself along my body. His hips dug into mine through the thin fabrics separating us. I couldn't wait another moment, I needed the man I had spent nine months falling for. "Te necesito Nestor." [I need you Nestor.] I whispered desperately in his ear and bit gently on his earlobe making him groan deeply.

Our clothes disappeared on the deck and he paused at my entrance. "Are you sure mi amor?" [my love] I didn't need to answer him, I had wanted this since the day we met. I pulled his face back down to mine, eyes never breaking contact until our lips connected and he entered me.

You wouldn't believe it but after everything I went through as a child and then the trainings in the Navy, nothing has been harder to do than to stay quiet while making love to Nestor. Thankfully, no one else ventured onto the deck during our tryst. We knew the rules, if we were caught our careers were over and Nestor had a lot more to lose than I did.

We didn't have the luxury of naked cuddling as dawn rose, fear of getting caught had us dressed as soon as we had both reached the much needed release. We still sat together as the sun broke the horizon, leaning against each other under the blanket he got us. Being seen like this might cause rumours but that was about it, we were allowed to be friends onboard.

"I never asked, why didn't you go home for Christmas?" I looked up into his eyes and saw them darken. It reminded me of the first few weeks of deployment. He always had a dark look in his eyes, it was why I made it my mission to make him laugh or at least smirk. The other petty officers were afraid of the man, we had all seen him in combat and he was a sexy fucking badass but I had been tortured by the Lobos Sonora Cartel so he didn't scare me. If it was any other officer they probably would have thrown me off the ship by now but he took my teasing and joking in stride.

"I don't have any family to visit. Both my parents died when I was a teenager. My best friend Mickey is studying at Cornell so I can't even visit him." He shrugged like it didn't matter and maybe it just didn't to him. "Don't worry, we can be loners together." I elbowed him gently so he knew I was only joking. I smiled when I was rewarded with his sexy smirk. My stomach started growling, it was a better timekeeper than I was. Nestor chuckled and stood up and offered a hand, pulling my up with him. "Let's get you and that sea monster fed. I don't need you storming around the ship hangry." I smirked at the man who looked amused.

"Oh, think you're funny now do you? Be careful Oceteva or there may be an anonymous erotic story in the next newsletter. The damsel watched her hero, Nestor. How could she thank him for saving her? She knelt down in front of the handsome man and unzipped his pants freeing his long, hard -" Again he clamped a hand over my mouth as I laughed at his face. "You're going to be the death of me Lopez." He tried to growl but he was too busy trying not to smile. "How the hell do you even come up with these things?"

I had spent the last nine months dreaming of the man in every possible situation but I wasn't going to tell him that. "Boredom, sexual frustration, incredibly creative mind. Take your pick." I winked at him before folding up the blanket and dropping it in his office on the way to the mess hall.