☀︎︎One ☀︎︎

Denial

I collected the last of my belongings, I head out my door and before i leave i get one last look at my apartment. Glancing over the place I last called home. Just one more moment. I sighed and shut the door behind me for the last time. But in reality I never should have left.

As I am making my way to my car I find my mind lingering. I am really nervous.  Im so young, what are they going to think about me? I find it rather odd that they suggested me from my BAU here in Florida. They are literally legends, how am I even supposed to amount to that?

-

Quantico, Virginia BAU

"Alright listen up. Our new agent is coming today, she is 22 years old coming from Florida, shes one of the best. she will be working with Reid because they share the same understanding and the same IQ, so think of it as another Reid around here. do not scare this agent away like the last one or someone will be fired today, you understand me? You are dismissed."

Gideon announced to the team and turned to leave to go to his office. Reid looked around the group, "anyone know her name?" He received no response. following that, he to left the conference room.

Spencer followed Gideon to his office.

"Gideon, you never mentioned her name? I read that if you know someones name before you meet them there is a 67% chance that you will get along more likely -"

"Gracie Moore Grey. She's a family friend....Recently she was in a.. bad situation and i trust you won't make her feel unwelcome." Gideon said, now shuffling through his papers.

"oh no I wont sir, is she coming to stay? or just this case?"

"to stay hopefully." There is a silence before Spencer nods his head and then walks out to get his morning coffee. He tried to imagine the girls face in his head, eager to know. He hated not knowing.

Miami Airport

I sit down with my suit case and my coffee in hand. I take a sip and look around, I glance at the people around me, I try to understand them, as a FBI agent profiler that's what I do. I mean ever since what happened i tend to be more vigilant of my surroundings.

I wonder to myself whats ahead of me in Virginia. Will I find the love of my life? Will everyone hate me? Ill never know , however  im going to do this anyways, because you know what? you only live once. I cannot sit around and wait for a new life, I have to take it.

I sit back and continue to watch everything, taking sips of my drink . "flight to Virginia boarding now" I hear over the intercom. I get up with my suit case and walk to boarding.

Quantico, Virginia BAU

Spencer walks back down to the conference room and sits back in his chair. "Her name is Gracie Moore Grey, she was in an abuse/kidnapping a year ago, do any of you remember the case? i was not on this case im just...curious."

He throws down a file on the table. "yeah we know, shes actually a good friend of mine" Hotch says. "actually i spoke to her last week"

Spencer rolls his eyes. "So how am I supposed to keep her in my watch when shes most likely going to want to talk to you guys?"

"well you need a plan now because she should be here any minute." Hotch says.

Spencer rolls his eyes, exiting the room once again and goes to his desk. He opens his file cabinet and scans through the very organized lettering, trying to find her file. "Gracie Grey, Gracie Grey, Gracie Grey....there it is." He mumbles to himself.