The note

I get to my desk and go to grab my pills, but i come across a letter adressed to me. I dont hesitate to open it up to find a picture of all 12 of the girls sitting in a room, nude, and tied up. "They only have limited time grey.." My hand shakes. 

So i was right , they are alive. I pick up my pills and the paper and run back into the room. "Look what i just got." I say calmly placing it infront of spencer. I sit down with my bottle of water and take my pills slowly. "Why are you being so calm about this?" He asks looking up from the paper. 

i swollow my last pill. "Because, I mean, they left no clues, nothing. So how are we supposed to find them, i mean im already at fault for my parents death why not add some more people on the list?" I say jokingly. But clearly Spence didnt find it funny. 

He gets up from his chair and walks over to my side of the table. "Hey, that wasent your fault, thee was nothing satistically possible that you could have done to prevent that and you know that." He tells me, towering over me. "No, theres more i could have done, i mean i was completely careless and maybe i should have warned them or something." I say doubting myself. 

He pulls the chair over next to me and sits down. "Look at me." He says. But i keep my head down. "Gracie." He says. I look up at him. "What?" I say in a whisper. He takes my hands. "I dont care what you say. This was not your fault." He says looking at me in the eyes rubbing his thumb aganst my hand. "But-" I try to argue. "No." He says cutting me off shaking his head. I know that means i should just shut up because hes actually serious. 

I pull my hand away from his and grab the file to try and find something. Anything to find these girls. And the letter i had recived gave no clues and just basically said. "Im not gonna tell you anything but heres a picture." And its like hide and seek but they could be anywhere in the united states. Yet again my mind is pumping all these thoughts and non of them actually make sense. "We can try to interagate Morris again. I can go all night." 

Spence puts down his file. "Alright then. Lets get something out of him." He says getting up and taking the note with him. We walk around the mostly empty BAU. I only get a glimps of Morris and then i have the urge to throw up. I turn away from him. "I cant do this." I state looking at the ground trying to hold in my ptsd. Even though i know thats not how that works. I dont want to get those vial visons again. "Whats wrong?" he asks. I sit down on the floor. "Im trying not to let it in." I whisper as my voice cracks. 

My hands interwine in my hair, trying to shut my dark thoughts out of my head. Spencer sits down on the floor next to me putting his hands on my shoulders. "Hey, No,no,no dont cry. Its a mental illness you cant controll, and its been scientifically proven it goes away 15% of the time." He runs his hand through my hair. "I know but its so hard right now, i lost my parents, i have the weight of 12 missing girls on my back and i cant even go 30 minutes without crying or having a breakdown! Im pathetic!" I rage. 

He lifts my chin up. "No your not, your strong. And your just hurting right now, and i know what that fees like." He says pulling me into a hug. I just go blank and stair off. He said something but i didnt hear it. I was in his arms for atleast 5 minutes. I reconnect back to the reality. But then i find myself in Spences bed. In our home. 

I sit up. I shake Spencer till he wakes up. "What?" He asks in a sleepy voice. "How did i get in here?" i ask. "You fell asleep on the floor so i took you home?" He says sitting up next to me. I sit there in confusion. "You carried me? All the way here?" I ask. "Uhm. Your 5'1 and weigh like 100 pounds." He states turning back around. I get out of bed and check the time. "Spence?" I call out from the kitchen. "Yeahhh??" He says back. "Were you not supposed to be at work like 3 hours ago?" "Im off today." He says. "Weird." I say under my breath. 

I crawl back into bed. I re arrgange his arms to fit around me. I snuggle my head into his neck. I can feel his heart beat in my hand which is on his chest. This was the first time i had felt safe since my kidnapping. I mean i was in his arms. Why wouldent i feel safe?

Anyways. Im not supposed to be to work for another two or three months. But im still allowed to be in office. Court is still in three weeks and i somehow managed to get Hotch as my lawyer? All of this happend so quickly i mean it feels like it was yesturday i was begging for my life. And now im in the arms of Spencer Reid. How the tables turned....e