⁶│𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲

Jungkook's eyes snapped open. Forcing back a sob as tears streamed down his cheeks. A shiver running down his body.

He carefully sat up on the bed, looking around the room to see everyone passed out, dead asleep.

He turned to look at the clock on his nightstand to see it was almost 3 in the morning. Sighing, he got out of bed and grabbed his phone.

Stepping around the air mattress, making his way to the bedroom door. Not noticing the boy who was wide awake and watching him leave with curious eyes.

════════

Jungkook tip toed down the stairs and into the kitchen that was dimly lit by the full moon shining in from the window above the kitchen sink.

"Can you keep me close, can you love me most? We all need someone to hold. We all need someone to stay." The dream replayed in his mind. He was confused and sad. Yet, he didn't know why. He couldn't see the figure in his dream, but yet he wanted to reach out and hold them. To comfort them and tell them that everything would be okay.

Their voice was so familiar to him, but he couldn't place his finger on it. One thing for sure was, they reminded him of himself, and he hated that.

He grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge and made his way towards the back door and walked outside, taking in the fresh air.

He hasn't felt like this since... the night he lost her. Feeling so alone and helpless. It was pitiful. He felt pathetic. It's been over 3 years yet, he wouldn't... couldn't forget about her.

"Aish... Willow, what am I gonna do?" He sat at the edge of the pool. Looking up at the stars.

"I can't stop thinking about you, you know that?" He smiled sadly. "I miss you. I really do. I miss seeing you smile, your laugh... you were my best friend, and now you're gone. So far away. Why? Why willow? Why did you have to leave?" A river of tears rolled down his already stained cheeks.

He hated himself for what happened to her. He hated how he never noticed her pain, yet she always noticed his. He blamed himself for everything. Why didn't he see it sooner? Maybe then, he could of prevented this.

Taehyung stood by the back door. Watching the younger male weep. His head buried in his hands.

Willow... who is Willow? He thought to himself.

Taehyung took careful steps towards the male. Sitting down beside him and placing a hand on his back, causing him to flinch.

Jungkook snapped his head in Taehyung's direction. Surprised to see him awake and sitting there.

"W-Why are you awake??" He stuttered.

"I've been awake for awhile. Why are you crying? What's wrong?"

Jungkook gulped. He really didn't want to tell him. Last time Jungkook ever told someone, they laughed in his face and called him weak for crying over someone who isn't here anymore. Crying over someone who would never come back. And that hurt him. It hurt him to know that's what people thought.

"Look, if you're not ready, you don't have to tell me. But I made a promise to you and I will keep that promise. I know you're hurting. I may not know that type of pain you're feeling, but just know, you're not alone. I don't care if you don't know me, no one should have to deal with this alone."

Jungkook looked him in the eyes and saw something he hasn't seen in years. Sincerity. Concern. Sympathy. And trust.

Warmth spread throughout his chest. No one's ever spoken to him this way before. It was a new thing for him. And he didn't know how to react. He didn't know what to say.

Taehyung stared at him, a small smile painted across his features. "We all need someone to rely on. We all need a shoulder to cry on. We all need someone to stay."

════════

Word Count: 676
Updates: Every Tuesday