¹²│𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦

♡

The nine teenagers sat in the living room. Each swaddled in their own blanket as they stared at the television screen mounted onto the wall in front of them.

It was around one in the morning and they were all watching a horror movie while it stormed heavily outside.

In which Jungkook hates both, horror movies and storms, with a burning passion. And the only person who knew that was his little sister Maya, since she too hated them.

Do to the storm, he doubted that there would be school on Monday and possibly Tuesday as well.

One by one, they all began to fall asleep, except Jungkook and Taehyung of course. Ella laid on top of Namjoon on the opposite couch while Jordan was cuddling with Jimin on the floor. Yoongi and Hoseok peacefully resting their heads on Jin's shoulders, their backs against the couch the two youngest males sat on.

Taehyung was invested in the movie while Jungkook anxiously nibbled on his lower lip. Glancing at the boy beside him every now an then. Wondering how he could be so interested in something so scary.

Jungkook flinched, burring his head in Taehyung's shoulder at the sound of thunder resonating outside. The house vibrating because of it.

Taehyung's body tensed at the younger males sudden action.

He slowly moved his arm, resting it on Jungkook's shoulder. Gently rubbing it in order to get him to relax.

Butterfly's began to flutter around in the pit of his stomach as he looked down at the boy. A faint smile danced across his features as Jungkook only hid himself further.

Taehyung decided to turn to the movie off, placing the remote on the wooden side table next to the couch, gaining Jungkook's attention.

"Why'd you turn it off?" He asked in a low voice, being cautious of the others sleeping around them.

"I figured it'd help you relax if I did." He replied. Blush spreading across Jungkook's cheeks as he looked up at Tae. Sparks shooting throughout his body as Taehyung kept his arm around him.

They were lost in each other's eyes. Drowning out the sound of the heavy downpour and the soft snores of the others who were all dead asleep. Exhausted from their joyful day.

Taehyung raised his other hand and gently cupped the side of Jungkook's face. Using his left hand to pull him even closer.

Warmth seeped through Jungkook as Taehyung held him.

Jungkook wouldn't lie and say that he didn't enjoy being in his arms, because he did. And he didn't know why. He just felt a sudden wave of safety wash over him. He felt secure. He felt... at peace.

Taehyung turned his body to lean against the arm rest, Jungkook laying his head on the brunettes chest as they wrapped their arms around each other. Taehyung pulling the blankets over them.

Jungkook flinched once again due to the thunder, from the corner of his eye, he could see lighting not too far off in the distance.

Taehyung ran his hand in a soft circular motion on Jungkook's upper back. It seemed to work when calming him down.

Jungkook's eyes fluttered before closing completely. Sighing in content.

Taehyung stared up at the white ceiling. He's never felt this way before. So happy, so... excited.

What did this mean for them now? How were they going to go about this?

It certainly meant everything to him. But what did it mean for the boy resting in his arms?

════════

Word Count: 602

NEW!!! Updates: every Monday & Tuesday

- How are you guys doing? Are you all safe and healthy? <3