6. Counting...

I sniffed lightly as I rubbed my sweaty palms on my neck and closed eyes, and it was so hot. It felt as though someone was tap dancing in my skull, the headache was killing me, cons of crying for hours. I turned on my bed, and that was when I felt a wet object on my forehead. I touched my forehead and felt that it was actually a wet towel. Now, who put it there?

I felt a hand moving on my bare waist, and I could hear a silent voice, it almost felt like the voice wasn't there, but as I paid more attention I could hear the voice more distinctly.

"1, 2, 3...14, 15, 16." The voice counted and stopped at the number sixteen, then it started counting from one again. I listened attentively this time.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16." It stopped at sixteen once again and started counting once again from one, the sound of the voice counting and the tap dancing in my skull made me wish I could just bang my head.

I opened my eyes slowly and what I first saw was Ademide's face peering down at my waist, he was seated on my bed and was paying outmost attention to my waist that was bare now since I had pulled off my gown and wore a short and tank top before sleeping. He was wearing a pair of glasses, which was very funny. He had on a white shirt that was only buttoned up halfway, clearly to show off his chest, or maybe because of the heat since there was no light. I raised my head a little and looked at what he was doing, I saw him playing with my waist beads, and it turned out he was actually counting my waist beads. They were sixteen in number, which explains the reason the number stops at sixteen each time.

"What are you doing?" I asked, sitting up. This had the towel falling on my lap, and him looking at my face immediately.

"Counting...what does it look like?" He said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"What are you doing in my room?" I asked, this time anger slipped into my voice. What I really wanted to know was if his girlfriend or maybe slut has left, but who cares? I do, literally.

"I came to check up on you, you haven't eaten your food since morning, why?" He asked pointing at the plate of rice that sat moodily on my side stool, definitely forgotten.

"I wasn't hungry," I said with my lips puckering up to show my distaste at the fact that he was in my room, and on my bed.

"You also have a fever." He moved closer and touched my forehead as he said this, I thwarted his hand away but him being him took hold of my hand, such an annoying jerk.

"Why do you care? Leave my room." I jerked my hand away from his as I said this, actually yell. This made the tap dancer in my skull pick up pace, making me wince.

"I told you to stop screaming," he said massaging my temple with his forefinger with the most attentive look. I would have actually fell for this if not that I remembered the way he had looked happy with that girl sitting on his lap.

I jerked his hand off my forehead and turned my face away from him, "leave my room."

"Did I do something to annoy you?" He asked quite innocently. Damn, he looked so innocent with those spectacles of his.

"Just get out of my room."

"Okay." He stood up from my bed and picked up the plate of rice, I was about questioning him when he gave me a look that had me shutting up. "This food has been opened for hours, if you're hungry go to the kitchen, I prepared something for you."

And after saying that he left. I sat there wondering why he was doing this, and there was only one explanation, it was his way of luring me into his trap.

I stood up from my bed and made my way to the sitting room to get something to eat, but I almost fell because of some stupid book that was lying on the floor, this actually reset my brain. I glanced around my dungeon of a room with one thought in mind, that Ademide had been here, and he had sat down in this room. Embarrassment washed through me, but not for long, I just couldn't afford to care anymore.