20. Together. (The end.)

"Took you long enough."

I squinted my eyes at him and placed a determined look on my face. The determination to wipe off that smirk on his face. With my arms and legs akimbo, I gave him a questioning look to understand what he was doing in my room, but the dude ignored me.

"How was the talk?" He asked instead.

"Why don't you tell me!" I yelled and ran towards him. I bounced on him, straddling him. A smile spread across his face, but that smile was soon wiped off when I started throwing him series of punches. He tried holding my hand, but I evaded it all.

"Calm down tigress, what's the issue?" He managed to ask between trying to hold my hand off.

"You told her. All this while she knew, and you knew she knew. But you didn't tell me she knew, and you knew she knew! And instead, you made me look like a fool, which I wouldn't have looked like if I knew she knew, like surely knew." I yelled out. I couldn't say if I was making any sense, but I made sense to myself. My state of stupidity was confirmed when Ademide started laughing. This got me angry, so I increased the intensity of my punches. But as we all know, he's a guy. Before I could say Jack Robinson, he had already changed our position, and I was lying underneath him, with my hands safely pinned over my head.

"I had to tell her. I'm not so irresponsible that I would live under a person's roof and date their daughter without their consent." He said with that stupid smile of his, staring down at me.

"Pele o Mr Responsible, (Sorry o Mr Responsible)" I deadpanned, with a straight glare at his face. He laughed to my face, letting go of my hands.

"Was the talk that bad?" He asked, shifting his weight off me. He laid down beside me and placed my head on his chest. My hands naturally went around his body, holding him tight.

"No, it wasn't. For once, I felt really close to her, thank you." I said.

"And why are you thanking me?" He asked. It thought about it, I really couldn't pinpoint why I was thanking him, but I was just grateful for everything. I felt a lot closer to my family, my brother, I couldn't stop thinking that it was because of him.

"Just for everything." I smiled.

He stayed silent for a while. His hand was busy at my waist, tinkling the waist beads, like for real, this guy and waist beads. "If your talk went good, why the hell did you hit me?" He asked in a bewildered tone, making me roll my eyes.

"Well, because of you, I had to listen while she teased me about getting pregnant." I stated, trying not to remember how mortified I felt about the whole issue. "She's taking me to the hospital tomorrow, getting me on birth controls."

"Don't worry, you don't have to go om birth controls. I don't mind having babies now." He said in a very serious tone. I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. I raised my head up and looked down at his damn serious face.

"Babies!" I yelled in bewilderment. "Definitely not."

"Hey, calm your claws." He laughed, pulling me down to his chest again. "I don't want babies anymore than you do."

"What!" I yelled again, raising my head up to look at his damn serious face again. This was super scary. He sounded as though babies were a disease he never hoped to have, and I love babies. "You don't want babies?"

He had a shocked look on his face at my outburst. He tried to pull me down again, but I didn't budge. "I mean not yet." He said, and I calmed down. I rested my head back on his chest. "Why do you sound so bewildered if I could remember you reacted the same way to having babies."