18. Its only you.

"Your feeling is absolutely correct."

I looked at him carefully. He had discarded his clothes and was now in shorts, and as usual, shirtless. He smelt like he just had his bath. It was awesome. Maybe that was the reason he went to his room first.

The look on his face wasn't surprised. It was rather like he expected it. He moved closer to me and cleaned my tears with the tip of his fingers, I watched him carefully as he did this, thinking of how he had been able to survive without actually recognizing people faces.

"I feel like all I do is make you cry," he said, staring at me with a look of pain on his face. I wanted to let him know that it wasn't true, but let's not lie. All I do is cry nowadays. He sat there for some time doing nothing but watching my face with care, then he smiled nervously and said, "You asked me not to stare at you, sorry."

"No, it's okay," I said, pulling his face towards mine again. He looked quite surprised as I said this, "It's absolutely fine, you can stare all you want."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"I'm sorry about this morning, I behaved in the most horrible way," he said in a remorseful tone. I was quite surprised he apologized for what he did this morning. It made me glad he actually did.

"It's alright," I said with a smile.

"You don't seem to hate me so much again, so are you ready to let me know what I did?" He smiled.

A feeling of dread passed through me at first, I didn't know how I would let tell him that the reason I had been throwing those tantrums was because I thought his sister was his girlfriend, shit, I feel so stupid. I thought about how I'm going to place down the subject without making it sound stupid.

"Who's contact do you have saved as Mi love on your phone?" I asked in a very quiet voice. Although I could already tell that it was his sister, I needed confirmation from him, at least now have realized that assumptions just aren't the thing.

He looked quite shocked by my question but answered me all the same, "its that one woman who has the worst timing ever. She somehow always ends up calling at the wrong time." He smiled lovingly. It was obvious she was someone he held dearly, "it's my mum."

"Your mum?" I asked, mouth agape.

"Yep, why do you ask?"

"Ehm, it's just..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say, like I was the worst conversation starter in the world.

He looked at my face curiously like he was trying to search out information, then a look of eureka showed on his face, like he had it all figured out, "Wait. That day she called me, you thought... you thought she was my girlfriend."

I nodded my head sheepishly, dropping my head low immediately, I just couldn't bear the embarrassment that washed through me.

He raised my head up by the chin and looked into my eyes, "why?"

"Well, because the contact picture was the same girl I saw sitting on your laps some days earlier." I said, finally letting it all out.

"Shit!" He bent his head over his hand, then raised it up again, "you must have felt so horrible, but why didn't you just ask me? She's my sister."

"I just couldn't bring myself to," I said, confirming how idiotic I am.

He took my hands into his, igniting that familiar feeling in me, and said, looking into my eyes intently, "you have to know this Mary, its only you, there's no one else. I'm not such a douche that I would do such a thing to you."