17. My face?

"What!"

I looked at his face like he had grown five extra heads, I touched my ear to feel if it was still intact, but it was still there. That must mean I heard right. It can't be, it is either Samuel is lying or my ear is having issues. I dusted my ear and looked at Samuel's face with confusion, and if you must known Samuel was giving me this look of fear like he thought I was going crazy or something.

"She is your girlfriend? Then why the hell was she sitting on Ademide's lap?"

"That would be because he is her brother, I don't know if your ear is just not working, or you're just been yourself and ignoring what I said." He said with an eye rol. Believe me,  I wanted to pluck out his eyes, but I would have no excuse for my mum when she gets back.

"That doesn't explain why she was seated on his laps. What sister does that?" I asked, clearly confused.

"Well, there is a reason for everything. She just missed him too much. Do you know how long its been since they saw each other." Samuel said, sounding more gentle now, damn, he must really like this girl. I would have swooned at this, but duh, it's Samuel.

I thought more about it, then I realized that I had jumped into conclusion far too early, damn, what was wrong with me? Does that mean it was his sister he was talking to that day? So, according to what Uncle Seun said, I was giving myself unnecessary heartaches all because of a stupid assumption, but there was a bigger question, and I had to ask.

"Ademide doesn't have a girlfriend?" I asked again. Samuel, who was already once again concentrating on his phone, grunted before looking up at me.

"No, he doesn't. As a matter of fact, I'm the only thing closest to a friend that he has." My mouth was wide open at this point as I listened to what Samuel was saying, finding it hard to believe a word of it. "Most people at our school believe he's gay, and they all think I'm his gay partner." Samuel laughed as though he remembered something funny, "the first day I met his parents they took me out and asked me if I'm their son's gay partner, I assured them I wasn't, swears it was funny."

"But he is definitely not gay," I stated with a wry laugh. I could well remember that he doesn't look like a gay, and I could definitely prove that he wasn't gay, or maybe he's bisexual. I turned to Samuel in horror, who gave me a horrified look also.

"I'm definitely not his gay partner," he said, raising his hand up in mock surrender. I actually breathed a sigh of relief, like what the heck. "Moreover, I thought you guys had something going on, so why would you think he has a girlfriend?"

"What...what...what do you mean?" I stuttered.

"Just cut it. You think I haven't been noticing the way you both are acting. You were so obvious." He rolled his eyes, with a stupid sly smile on his lips, "just don't get pregnant, you know your mother, she will throw you and Ademide out of the house. And I love my Ade."

"You don't even care about me!" I yelled, hitting him on his shoulders. He only laughed at me, getting me more angry, like just how did he find out? Well, I and Ademide made it quite obvious. My mind went over to something I feel was more important, I was curious as to why he had no girlfriend or friends either. Like this dude was fucking hot, then why? "Why doesn't he have a girlfriend?"

Samuel's face dropped all playfulness at this, he became quite serious, and a little sad. I felt a pang of fear go through me, with the look on Samuel's face I knew it was definitely something bad.

"He says there is no use, they are all just girls to him," Samuel said dropping me into a sea of confusion. "He's only ever had two relationships, and the last didn't end well." I nearly choked on air as he said this, if anyone had told me he has only ever had two girlfriends I would have bet my head off that it was a lie. "He ended up confusing his girlfriend with another person."