TWO

CHAPTER TWO POTENTIAL THREAT!

CHAPTER TWO
POTENTIAL THREAT!

THAT'S WHAT WE LIKE TO HEAR.

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍

"ATTENTION CITIZENS OF
UMBRA COUNTY!"

Each massive digital billboards, that were advertising the UA around every city, was cut to a stop. A black screen appearing before them caused whispers of shock to go around, hearing the voice of the Prime Minister sent chills running down their spine.

"THERE HAS BEEN A POTENTIAL THREAT GOING AROUND—"

Yet again, whispers and gossips spread around quickly. Some silently mumbled to themselves while others chattered with their companions.

"Could it be?"

"I bet it's the illegal video going
around, isn't it?"

"They better do something
about that threat fast!"

"Of course they will!
It's the UA we're talking about!"

"A THREAT. A VIRUS. SOMETHING THAT WOULD PRODUCE GREAT DANGER TO US ALL."

Gasps of shock were heard. People with fear in their eyes, hand cupping their mouths as they looked around cautiously. Meanwhile, two certain males listened to what the Prime Minister had in store. They weren't afraid, they weren't surprised either.

Stoic looks on their faces as they stood amidst the citizens, trying to blend in as much as possible.

"AS OF NOW... THE UMBRA ARCANE ASSOCIATION IS TRYING TO EXTRACT AND TERMINATE THAT POSSIBLE VIRUS TO OUR SOCIETY QUICK."

"WE SHOULD BE AWARE THAT NONE OF WHAT THIS VIDEO IS DECLARING IS TRUE."

"THE UA IS ABSOLUTE.
WE ARE THE TRUTH.
WE ARE THE FUTURE!"

"See I told you!"

"Thank the Assembly! They are
always there for us."

"I'm kinda skeptical about it."

"Me too... no one would ever
joke about such thing, right?"

A young boy, around sixteen years of age, craned his head towards the recent conversation that he overheard beside him. The two girls talking continued talking about how they were skeptical about the whole thing, and that's when he started to notice.

Eyeing the guards that stood a few meters away from them with caution, he quickly looked away as they began to saunter over to the two girls, not wanting to get tangled up in their mess.

He gnawed on his bottom lip nervously, his heartbeat picking up its pace as he heard faint arguments.

"You two. Come with us."

"What? Why! What did we do?!"

"You have no right to refuse nor talk back. If so, you will be forced to be—"

"Okay, okay, we're coming."

"But I don't want—" A loud buzz cut off her sentence and the teenager immediately shot his gaze to where it came, seeing the officer holding a small device towards the now stunned girl. With no more disputes heard or added, the officers yanked them to a car, people not noticing what had happened as they were too engrossed in what the Prime Minister was saying.

The officer turned around and the teenage boy looked away promptly, however, the officer noticed this and walked over to him. "You. What's your name?"

"J-Jisung, sir."

"What do you think about the UA?"

"They're amazing! The best- actually." He gulped down the nerves that started to kick in, his stomach churning as he couldn't help but cower at the officer's stern gaze.

However, those nerves were somehow shoved away when the officer smiled and patted the top of his head. "That's what we like to hear. Continue supporting the UA and the Prime Minister, kid." The officer stated before walking off.

Jisung let out a sigh of relief, diverting his gaze from the car then onto the digital billboard.

"NEO-116 WILL BE UNDERGOING A TOTAL LOCKDOWN IN SEARCH OF THE VIRUS.
CITIZENS, DO NOT PANIC, EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY."

"EVERYTHING WILL BE REGULATED
AND TAKEN CARE OF."

"ALWAYS REMEMBER!
WE ARE THE FUTURE."

And then the audio cuts off; ending the speech. The digital billboards went back to normal, the same advertisements and videos popping out and everyone went back to their own business.

Jisung scrunched his nose, thinking of how he will be able to sleep with the thought of the scene from earlier replaying in his head nonstop.

As he walked back to his apartment, he clashes with another person, sending him stumbling back a bit at the impact. He abruptly bowed down his head, "I'm so sorry!"

Hearing nothing but silence, he slowly lifted his head, seeing two males glaring down at him with piercing stares. He looked away, the anxiety that had dispersed earlier now back and it greater than ever. He sucked in some air, "I- Uhh..."

"It's okay. Just watch where you're going." One of them told him softly before walking off, his companion following after. But before he did, he eyed Jisung from head to toe before staring down at Jisung's pocket.

Subconsciously, Jisung gazed down at his jacket's pocket, his brows instantly furrowed together in confusion after he had stuck his hand into his pocket. Feeling a small, thin card inside, Jisung's eyes widened partially and he craned his head up – hoping to find the two guys but they were gone.

He glanced over his shoulder, trying to track down where they went but he utterly knew nothing. With a peculiar card inserted in his pocket, Jisung made his way through the crowd of people, heading back to where he lived.

Unknown to him, someone was watching everything. Discreetly ogling down at the square, a smirk cast on their lips. "Virus...planted."

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍