TWENTY FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR REUNITED!

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
REUNITED!

I MISSED THIS. I MISSED YOU.

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍

He was nothing like them. He didn't want to be like them. He was different. He was someone that was far from being a curious cat. Those were the words implemented into his brain. Repeated endlessly and seemed to have no stop. His eyes were open but they were actually blind to the truth.

"How have you been." He stood there. A young seventeen-year-old boy who worked under certain UA officials. The blonde-haired woman shared eye contact with the aforementioned boy, a knowing smirk ghosting her lips as she sat in front of him.

"Just the usual. I don't get why you don't want me in other missions, I can do so much more! Such as..." he trailed off, hundreds of possibilities circling in his mind. "Looking for the escapees or, or! I could even—"

"We've talked about this. You're different and you don't deserve to get close with those viruses."

"But that's the point! I just hate them so much. I want to kill them- to eliminate every single virus here in Umbra County! I will kill them for you. Wouldn't you like that?"

The woman laughed, gawking at the younger in disbelief. She knew that the child was messed up. His brain didn't function as well as it did before. His past self, his old memories—they were long gone. The boy that sat in front of her wasn't the same rebellious boy they had caught.

They may have spared the others, some were used for experiments; he was rather an exception. He had already gone through much pain during his childhood and maybe one of the painful things they had done was to erase all of that, not that he'd know anyway.

"Maybe you could be of help..." The woman trailed off, the smirk growing evident on her face and she crossed her arms over her chest before slamming them onto the table, causing the boy to flinch visibly. "I know just the right job for you to do."

≫≫≫

Wiping off the swear beads that trickled down his forehead, Jisung clutched onto his damp blanket tighter when Jeno had rushed into the training center. His chest was heaving up and down as it was clear that he had been running around, though he wasn't the only one. Everyone's gaze lingered onto Jeno, waiting for him to continue his sentence but it never came until Donghyuck had re-entered the place.

"I think what Jeno is trying to say is that—"

"No! Don't you even dare, Lee Donghyuck."