Chapter 13 - Emily's pov

“Mam I’m going now! They’re outside!” I called to Mam who was outside sunbathing. Today was Friday and I am supposed to have school but Year 10’s got the day off for some unknown reason. As for the boys, they didn’t go to school anyway, except for Luke, he wasn’t coming with us but would join us later.

“Okay bye sweetie, have fun” Was the distant reply. I grabbed my phone from its charger and slipped it into my trousers. I ran out the door and up to the boys who were sitting on my wall playing Rock paper scissors. They paused when they saw me and smiled at me. “Hey Emily!” Ashton said giving me a hug Michael did the same smiling down at me. I looked towards Calum who was leaning against the wall looking at me “Hey lads,” I said not looking at them but staring at Calum.. Michael coughed awkwardly, Calum shot back onto earth and smiled at me. 

“So we’re getting the train in ok? Ashton decided he didn’t want to drive last minute…” Calum said shuffling his feet. 

“It takes to long and it’s too hot!” Ashton protested. I laughed and said it was fine I didn’t mind. The train station was about 20 minutes from my house so we didn’t have to hurry. Michael and Ashton ran ahead trying to chase a cat which left me with Calum. We walked in silence for a while he was tapping away on his phone and then I decided to speak “So Calum, how are ya?” he looked surprised but then smiled again. That sexy smile oh lord.

“I’m pretty great, how are you Emily?” He said looking deep into my eyes. I could feel my insides melt. I snapped back and answered “Yeah I’m grand! Actually I’m really good. I’m skyping my best friend in Ireland tonight, I haven’t talked to them yet..” even the thought was exciting.

“More Irish accents aye?” He asked winking. I laughed and said “Yes our charmingly horrible accent” He looked at me shocked and told me that my accent was lovely, we walked in silence again until he spoke again “What was school like there?” I laughed to myself again pulled my hair over to one side and sighed “It was um different. Stricter ya know like I went to a private school there and we would get bad notes for speaking and shite like that. Our uniform was shocking, like this kilt and wine jumper.. Teachers were freakishly strict and I got suspended a couple of times…” I sighed again but he laughed “Sounds like they care about you then yeah?” He asked. “Yeah they really do… It’s actually not too bad though but now school here feels like Primary school.” 

We had ended up ages behind the others at this point. So Calum took hold of my hand and we ran to catch up with them. When we got to the station where Ashton and Michael were they looked at us smirking when they saw we were still holding hands. Shit. I snatched my hand back and Calum blushed and looked to the ground. “So where do we get our tickets and shtuff?” I asked breaking the silence. “Over here c’mon” Ashton replied pointing over to a little door. I led the way even though I was completely unsure about it, Calum caught up with me and said “Sorry about that, I didn’t mean to make it look like that!” I smiled and gave him a quick hug and we carried on walking, his arm around my shoulder, I really liked this.. 

>20 minutes later<

We had finally got to the City after what felt like an eternity and I was talking to Ashton while walking to Maccy D’s (A/N Yeah I know in Australia you call it Maccas but she’s Irish so I’m gonna say it how we would) I found out he was a really nice guy, he was so easy to talk to and could keep a chat going mad good. When we got to Mc Donalds, Maccas as they called it, (a/n ;-]) I went up and ordered with Michael giving me a chance to get to know him. “So Michael, does there be anything good to do around here?” I asked. “What? I have no idea what you mean haha” He said looking confused. “Oh right sorry, Is there anything good to do around here?” we had reached the cash register and he scanned the menu picking out what they all wanted. “Umm.. Yeah.. we already know where we’re going though..” Was the slow answer I got. He looked at me with his gorgeous eyes and asked “What do you want?” Taking out his wallet. “Nonononono, I’m paying for my own!” I rushed. “Put it away now Emily, don’t be ridiculous.” He growled playfully. “Um okay thank you so much… Em cheeseburger and curly fries please” I said hesitantly. He nodded to the man, handed over some money and walked away, I followed him for the boys. We got there but Calum and Ashton didn’t see us so we listened in to what they were saying… “Cal, you so like her man, it’s so obvious you couldn’t take your eyes off her.” Ashton smirked. “Shut up. I just met her..” He replied looking at his hands. “Whatever but both Mike and I know you do..” Michael chose that exact moment to walk up grinning at them both, I followed quickly and took a seat beside Ashton, opposite Calum. The food came shortly so no one talked. At one point I looked up to see Calum staring at me, I quickly looked down feeling my cheeks go red again, he made my knees weak way too much to be normal.