XV : new love

How do you say goodbye from something that you wouldn't miss? A few muttered words and fluttered eyelashes into a deep sleep. I wish that things would have ended up better, but ever since I was young they just haven't.

What do you think about while falling asleep? What images do you fill your mind with?

There are those moments that you'll never be able to rid yourself of. Whether it was happy, or whether it tore you apart inside, you know that you won't be able to forget.

You start to wonder what you'll dream about. Things that were to be, things that never will be.

How do you miss something that will never miss you?

My vision starts to blur, and a buzz fills the room but I cannot find it.

I feel around on my bed for my phone, and end up finding it on my stomach.

Sebastian: Anna where are you?

Anna: Going to sleep.

Sebastian: Why

Anna: Because I'm tired of the world. Tell Luke that I did love him.

After that I get a call from Sebastian, his voice panicked, my mind calm.

"ANNA, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU. WHAT DID YOU DO?" he yells at me.

"It's for the best Sebastian." I tell him.

"I'M CALLING 911 ANNA. ARE YOU AT MY HOUSE?"

"I'm in Jane's room." I mumble, wondering why he wants to know where I am. I cannot remember.

I see an empty bottle of pills on the table next to me, and wonder who will take all of them at once. Why would someone do such a thing?

The phone line goes dead, an eternal ring replacing his voice. 

And for a moment, I start to think of Luke's voice, and the way he talked to me the night I left my house. The gentleness in his tone, the way he knew how scared I was that night, and the way he talked to me until I fell asleep. I think I can finally remember the last thing he said to me.

It was only a dream I thought, but with a hazy mind and a blurred world, his voice was so clear.

"It only took four days. Four days to fall in love with you."

I don't know how he fell in love with me, but he did.

But for me, it only took his voice. The soft raspy low voice that sang to millions.