Chapter 4 - Arrival

Damian's POV:

When I woke up, I only had one thought on my mind:

I'm going to see my Angel today

A small smile graced my lips as I got up and got dressed. I grabbed my katana and strapped it to my waist. When I got downstairs, I grabbed some breakfast and headed to my car after grabbing the keys. We were in a hotel in China, as my Angel was finally coming home today. She and her class were flying in for her coronation, not that they knew that yet. Mari had already notified me that they were landing, and that she had already told the class her cover story so I could act accordingly. I was going to pretend to be a guard at her mansion, where they would be staying, and surprise her when she came home.

As I pulled up at the mansion (which was a bit smaller than our manor, considering it was only used for galas for two years since Mari received it for her tenth birthday) I pulled out my ID, showed it to the guard at the gate and was quickly let in. I parked and went in, going to my room. No matter what anyone said about me and my angel, we know we'll be together forever, even though we only met at ten years old. It's why I had my own room. After we met and I found out she was a Princess, her parents took me into the family as the future King, and thus, we inherited the mansion. It was passed down to the oldest sibling and future Queen/King when they became ten, and their husband/wife when they got married (or were considered part of the family). So although I still considered it Mari's home, it also partially belonged to me. My room was right next to Mari's, but was a bit smaller and less gracious. It was only ever used by the King when the Queen was unhappy with him, as cliche as that is. When I entered the room I changed into the guard uniform tugging the helmet on last. I left the room after making sure my katana was safely strapped to my waist and everything looked good. I took my place at the princess's door, next to the guard already there. Everyone was already alerted of my arrival as well as of who the princess would be posing as, to not cause confusion. An invisible smirk played on my lips as I waited to ambush my sweet girlfriend.

Mari's POV:

I took a deep breath before entering the airport, placing my hand on my hip to make sure my dagger was there. Hopefully nothing happens before we get to wherever we're staying, and I wouldn't have to use my dagger if something did. The whole class was told to stay behind me in case we get attacked, and to look out for two black limos. I opened the door, and nothing happened. I internally scoffed.

The world doesn't stop for you.

I mentally scolded myself. True, before when I entered a room everyone was expected to stop and bow to me. I was the princess. But it's been five years since, and not a lot of people were expecting the princess, or were told to expect me, so their ignorance was explanatory, but it still made me frown. I carefully stepped inside after taking a good glance at everyone. I immediately headed to the doors, keeping my eyes on a group of guys dressed in undercover fighting gear. They wouldn't seem out of place to anyone else, but as I was wearing something similar to them, I knew it was a uniform. I had Nino carrying my things in case I needed to fight, and I sure would, as the guys started heading towards the doors as well. I growled under my breath. They were going to intercept us, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I took another breath and slowed down, sending Nino a sign to hold the class back. The guys stopped at the door facing us. I heard grumbles from the class as they noticed them too and Nino stopped them. We were starting to gain attention from the people around. Some whispered pointing at me, but they stopped when I glared at them. The princesses were known to constantly change appearances until they became eighteen and became queen, when the real face of the queen was revealed, so no one could have recognized me. My appearance must look a lot like my last one before I left.