Backstory-Part 1-Gotham

Seven years ago, in China (they are speaking Mandarin)

Mari's POV:

I was sitting in my room when someone knocked on my door. I looked at the clock, 12:55. My break was over. I sighed and grabbed The Guide to hiding in plain sight and opened the door to find none other than Ninio. He preferred to be called Nino, but I called him Ninio to annoy him or when it was something serious, and you could tell the difference. I nodded to him, not in the mood to talk, and he walked me to my classroom. It was just a room in which there stood one desk for me and a podium for the teacher. The teachers changed throughout the day, and if it was an active class, my desk would be moved to the back. The room had tons of equipment, books, weapons, and a whole lot more for my summer training. I was officially five years ahead, and since I was turning eleven soon, I would be starting the my last year in the 9-year System. I walked into the "classroom" and was surprised to find my mother accompanying the teacher. I wonder why?

Teacher: "Today we will be preparing for your first lesson outside of the castle. I'll let your mother explain as I need to get your guide." The teacher left, leaving me very confused. A guide? I turned to my mother.

Queen Bridgette: "Darling, you will be practicing going undercover, and learning how to live in a new environment. You will be given an identity and you will have to pretend to be that person for six months. You'll be going to a high school in america. Your job is to learn as much as you can about the Wayne's, as they are the most high-status people where you'll be living, and the vigilantes in Gotham. You'll be living in Gotham, and will go to Gotham Academy. There are a few students your age there, so you don't have to worry about anyone being to suspicious. Is there anything you want to ask darling?"

Princess Marielle: "Mother, why do you need me to find out about the Wayne's if you already know everything about them? And you know all the vigilantes identities too, so why is finding out about them part of the mission?"

Queen Bridgette: "I know everything there is to know about them, but you don't. They are our friends, and that is the point, although we haven't seen them since before you were born. If you can find out everything there is to know about them by the end of the six months without them realizing who you are or questioning you, then you pass, if you don't, you'll be sent somewhere else, but I have no doubt that you'll succeed." The queen smiles.

Princess Marielle: "Alright I accept. I assume the guide is all the information I need on the city and my identity?" I turned to the teacher who had just walked in.

Teacher: "That is correct princess." she said, passing me the file. "You may be dismissed for tonight. All the things you'll need are already packed and you'll be leaving on Saturday and will have Sunday to prepare for school."

I stood up and left after bowing to my mother and the teacher. I headed to my room and opened the file. Inside I was grateful that I had learned English, as when I opened the file, it said that my cover identity came from California. I wonder how long my mother had been planning this, because I had just recently studied California. I read further.

Margarita (Margo) Melissa Miller

I scoffed, all M's? Really? I'm gonna change that. I added a note and kept reading.

Margarita (Margo) Melissa Fu Lunessa (Luna) Margarita Fu

Birthday: October 25 2002

At least they didn't change my birthday.

Birth City: San Diego

Birth Mother: Laura Lupina Miller (deceased)