Part 2

I woke up sitting on a metal chair. Was I back at Hydra? I went to move my hands to rub my tired eyes but they were handcuffed to the table. Once my eyes adjusted to the light I was in an interrogation room of some kind.

Then I remembered the fight between the Captain and me. He then called that guy Fury. Maybe that's why I was here. Were they going to kill me for everything I've done with Hydra? If they did they better do it quickly.

A man then walked in he had dark skin and an eyepatch covering one of his eyes. I looked over and noticed we were behind a sheet of a double-sided mirror. Meaning that there would be some onlookers most likely the Captain and the rest of his little super squad.

"So you're a Hydra agent am I correct?" The man asked sitting down across from me.

I knew at this point there was no point in lying. If what the Captain says is true and that I've been on SHIELD's radar they probably know everything about me already.

"I was born into Hydra most the stuff I had to do I didn't want to" I sighed.

I wanted him to at least fell somewhat bad for me so my punishment wouldn't be as bad.

"Why didn't you just stop?" Fury said sounding rather sassy.

"Seriously? You can't just stop, I tried to fight back but it meant I would be tortured. It would either be me killing or them killing me" I said.

"So you did what you could to survive?" Fury asked.

"Exactly but I'm not proud," I said stealinga glance at the mirror behind me I couldn't see them but I knew people were watching.

"Why did Hydra send you to attack Mr Rogers?" Fury asked me.

I assume Mr Rogers was the Captain so I answered him.

"I'm not sure in Hydra we don't get told why we kill them we get given a photo and a location and we eliminate," I said.

"Are you still with Hydra?" Fury asked me plainly.

"I don't want to be but I know they'll come for me and make them be apart of them again its happened before," I said.

"What do you mean happened before have you escaped Hydra in the past?" Fury asked me his eyebrows furrowing.

"Yes I tried when I was a teenager but they caught me and starved me to till I was about to die," I said sadly.

I looked down to my feet on the ground. I had no idea what Fury wanted with me. was he going to punish me for all the stuff I've done or not?

"Look if you want to imprison me go for it at least then Hydra won't come after me," I said looking back up at Fury.

"There's been a lot of debate on what to do with you. Rogers and a few of his friends think you should be free maybe even join the team based off of your skillset but some of the others aren't welcoming you in with open arms" Fury said leaning back slightly in his chair.

"Why would you want me on the team" I scoffed.

"I admit you could be dangerous but from what we have on you, you never wanted to be in Hydra in the first place. You were born into a life of misery. You have a great skillset not to mention you are a super soldier you could be great for the team" Fury said.

"How do you know I'm not in Hydra secretly planning to kill you?" I asked raising my eyebrows at him.

"You might be, but I would like to see you try to take down all of my team at once," Fury said with a small smirk.

"I don't think they would want me in their team they're heroes I'm nothing but an assassin" I sighed sadly.

I remembered what Hydra would always tell me I have no place in this world. The only thing I am ever useful for is killing. Hydra was right I am useless.

"They might not want you but they need you," He said.

"You're not seriously considering me joining up with them, I'm dangerous I don't want to hurt anybody else," I said.

"I know you don't that's why you would be good," Fury said.

"No I have to be locked up, I don't want to hurt anyone else," I said.

"If it makes you feel any better we can put you in a cell here for a while until we can discuss the terms of you joining my team," Fury said.

"Who said I wanted to join your team," I said.

"Oh trust me you'll want to Y/n," Fury said standing up.

Fury gave me a nod and left the room. I couldn't understand why he wanted me on the team. He knew that I was an assassin right. Did he forget that I am well, was a Hydra agent? I knew thag SHIELD and the Avengers were desperate for new recruits but were they really that desperate to let me in. One of the most wanted assassins?

A few agents came in a few minutes later. They uncuffed me from the table and lead me to a cell. I told Fury I couldn't trust myself. He probably didn't really trust me either. The agents locked the door and walked out.

There was a big sheet of glass in front of me so I could see whoever wanted to talk to me, the rest of the walls were plain white. I had a small bed it wasn't that big but in comparison to Hydra it was massive. I had a small room off to the side which was a bathroom so I could have some privacy in there. Fury also left out some spare clothes that I could get changed into.

To anyone else, this would be torture confined in this room with bare necessities but to me, this was almost luxury. While in Hydra you would be lucky to even get an hour of sleep. You would be lucky to ever feel warm unless it was summer.

This wouldn't be so bad. But deep down I wanted to right my wrongdoings. I didn't want the innocent people I've murdered on my conscience anymore.