Part 16

"Anything else about lady Hydra?" I asked Tony.

"Nope, we got nothing" Tony sighed running his fingers through his slightly graying dark hair.

We had been looking for any other leads on lady Hydra for the past month now. She hadn't left Moscow we know that but we didn't know anything else. I was stressed I hated not knowing what Hydra was up to.

"Hey we'll find something," Steve said.

Steve stood behind my chair and massaged my shoulders to calm me down he could tell I was very tense.

"We've been looking for a month and still haven't found a single trace of lady Hydra" I sighed.

"Maybe she's just dead" Tony suggested.

"No she wouldn't be dead," I said shaking my head.

I was certain that lady Hydra wasn't dead. If she was there would be something from Hydra a retaliation because they would think that we did it.

"We just have to keep looking," Steve said.

"Great," I said sarcastically.

I got up out of my chair and left for my room. I was so sick and tired of not knowing where she was or what she was planning.

"Y/n wait" I heard Steve call out from behind me.

"What?" I asked spinning around to face him.

"Look I know how you're really stressed about lady Hydra and stuff, I was thinking maybe you could use a distraction," Steve said.

"Steve I don't know if a distraction will work," I said.

"Please just let me try" Steve begged.

"Fine then," I said with the smallest smile.

Steve grabbed my hand and led me up towards the roof. The elevator doors opened to reveal fairy lights all around the roof lighting it up and in the middle was a little blanket for. Thankfully it was a summer night so it wasn't too cold and we probably wouldn't be rained on.

"Steve this is so pretty," I said rubbing along his arm which I had hooked myself around.

"Yeah I set this up earlier I knew that it would come in handy" Steve said with a smile which spread across his cheeks.

"Well thank you," I said planting a soft kiss on his cheek.

Steve took me into the fort there was his laptop at the back and loads of pillows and blankets. I lay down next to Steve and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I smiled brightly up at him. Steve opened his laptop and pulled up Netflix.

"What should we watch?" Steve asked.

"We could watch some more of Vampire Diaries" I suggested.

Natasha had told Steve and me that Vampire Diaries was good so we started watching it. Of course, Steve and I got addicted and fell in love with the show.

Steve gave me a smile and started playing the episode. I snuggled up to Steve as close as I could he let out a slight chuckle which sent vibrations through my body.

"Thank you for this" I whispered.

"You know I would do anything for you" Steve replied kissing me on the forehead.

"I know you would and that's why I love you," I said.

"I love you too Y/n" Steve replied.

We watched a few episodes before drifting off to sleep. We were still up on the roof underneath some blankets but we didn't care. We slept there the whole night on top of the roof with bot care in the world. Best distraction ever.

The sound of birds chirping woke me up. My eyes slowly opened and I was greeted by Steve who looked like he had just woken up. His blonde hair and gone fluffy and messy. I ran my fingers through his hair and his blue eyes lit up in enjoyment.

"Good morning," He said his voice sounded husky.

"Morning" I replied.

We lay there for a while longer Steve tracing circles on my arm with his finger. Whilst I played with his hair, his blonde hair between my fingers.

"We should probably get up now, have some breakfast," Steve said.

"No I don't want to get up," I said burying my head into his chest.

"We have to get up eventually and besides aren't you hungry," Steve said with a small laugh.

"Yeah but I want to stay here cuddled up with you," I said.

Without saying another word Steve picked me up. I had my legs around his waist and my head rested on his shoulder.

"Hey" I protested but still laughing.

"Come on I'll make us some breakfast," He said.

Steve carried me down to the kitchen and he placed me sitting on the bench. He placed a soft kiss on my lips before moving to start cooking.

Steve grabbed some eggs from the top of the fridge and as he reached up his shirt rode up revealing a bit of his abs. I but my lip and admired them. Steve could sense of my gaze and his cheeks turned red. I smirked to myself.

"Like what you see huh?" Steve chuckled.

"How could I not," I said.

Steve chuckled and carried the food from the fridge to the bench next to me. Steve was surprisingly a great cook. Compared to the others in the tower he was a chef. No one else knew the extent of Steve's cooking except for me but if they knew how good it was I'm sure they would make him cook every single night.

"Here you go," Steve said handing me a plate of food.

"Thank you" I smiled at him.

We continued eating and talking along with the occasional flirty comment. Until we got interrupted. Tony rushed in.

"Guys grab your gear we gotta move," Tony said.

I jumped off the counter and stood next to Steve.

"What is it?" Steve asked his fists clenched slightly.

"Lady Hydra has resurfaced," Tony said.

That was all Tony had to stay I rushed off to go grab my gear. I hurriedly put on my suit and strapped two handguns to my thighs. I briskly entered the jet and took a seat next to Steve who had his shield held in front of him.

"You ready?" Steve asked me.

"Yeah, let's go kill this bitch" I said with a smirk.