Prologue

The sun glinted off my sunglasses as I looked up at the house in front of me. Sara Oh is gone. I am now Seoyeon. Oh Seoyeon. This is where I am going to live probably for the rest of my life.

I think.

I trudged towards the door having one of my many suitcases trailing behind me. I sighed as my mum opened the door for me.

"Cheer up Seoyeonah."

Like as if I would be able to cheer up after leaving Sydney. The place in the south had been my whole life. I can speak Korean but with random phrases in English. I can barely write anything and can hardly read in Hangul.

"Oh," I managed to say.

"Don't be like that. Omma already got the school uniform. It looks so much better than your old one. And I bought you new shoes too."

I looked around the place. It's actually quite big. The living room is definitely much bigger than back in Australia and the house has two storeys.

I left my suitcase next to the leather sofa and headed towards the stairs. I went up the stairs and glanced around. There were six doors, spaced out in a hexagonal shape. Wah, that's a bit...fancy?

"Omma, which one is mine?" I asked loudly.

"Oh. Seoyeonah, take a look. Pick two, one for your bedroom and wardrobe and the other for your study."

I opened the doors one by one and just decided on two that were next to each other. Already done.

I went downstairs again and sat on the sofa. I looked at my mum walking around with boxes of our belongings and stacking them in the corner. There was no furniture besides the sofa.

"Seoyeonah. I know this is different and maybe a little hard for you but it's doing good for the business."

Yeah, our family runs a luxury restaurant and my dad is 'the boss'. I was definitely proud of that but I never brag.

There would be no point. People will just stick to you like flies because they think it will do them good that we have a bit more money in the bank than them.

"I know. I am not finding this hard. It's for the better."

"That's my Seoyeon!" My mum patted me on the shoulder then left the living room.

I lied down on the sofa. The coldness of the leather touched my bare neck and I shivered. Even though it's different to move to Seoul, I actually do think it's better not only for my family but also for me.

At school, I was bullied for a year because I didn't like to talk. I kind of just space out and my mind does all the chatter boxing.

I think a lot. I thought back at what the girls said I was.

Sara is a witch. Look at her black hair. So quiet. Probably planning evil spells.

I sighed, it was pointless now but back then when I was seven, I was hurt. At least I now know how to be brave.

Never let them see you be weak. I never bothered anyone. I wasn't bullied after that again.

Just ignored. I didn't have any friends either. If I was there and if I wasn't there, it would have made no difference. I was just the quiet Sara, alone in my own world and almost forgotten.

Now, everything else is gone from the past.

But my quiet self is staying with me in Seoul. I will live a quiet life.

I don't have the drama.

I don't need it.