Chapter Nine: Sick Day

(Y/N) POV:

"(Y/N), you should've been more careful! Now you're sick and I have work." Cammy sighed. "I'm going to have to call out to take care of you." She set a plate of breakfast on my nightstand.

"I'll be fine on my own Cammy, you can still go to work." I sat up gently and brought the plate to my lap. "I already feel bett-" My words would've been much more convincing if not for being interrupted by a cough.

"Yeah that doesn't sound true. I'll go to work but on one condition." Cammy smiled but it looked more mischievous than anything.

"And what's that?" I warily asked.

"Pass your phone, unlocked." Cammy held her hand out.

"Fine." I handed her the phone after I put my password in.

She looked through my contacts and hid the phone. It looked like she sent a text message and closed the app.

Cam handed me the phone back. "And now we wait"

"What does that mean?" I eyed her skeptically.

Cammy didn't answer. She smiled at me very innocently, it was suspicious. She walked away without responding.

"Oi Cammy! What does that mean!?"

I never got an answer until Cammy finally opened the door to leave. Another voice was heard, one I also knew.

Why's he here!?

"Come in, come in." Cammy spoke.

"S-sorry I'm a little nervous." The other voice spoke.

"Don't be, thank you for agreeing. I have to get going but (Y/N)'s in there and she'll tell you where everything is. I'm sorry I just really have to get to work, see you later!" Cammy exclaimed and the door slammed shut.

Silence, save for a few footsteps and shuffling. The footsteps stopped short of my door.

A knock followed by a voice, "M-may I come in?"

I made sure I looked presentable... enough, "Yeah, come in."

The person standing at my doorway was Asahi. He looked different in more casual clothes, white t-shirt and black shorts. Whenever we would meet or run into each other he was in the school uniform or volleyball uniform.

"Hi, so um... Ms. Cammy texted from your phone and said you were sick. She kind of... asked me to um... watch over you. So if you don't mind, I'll be here until she comes back." Asahi nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"I don't mind! I can at least walk around the house so we could hang out in the living room. I don't want you getting sick from whatever virus is left in my room." I got up from under my covers and stood in front of him. "Come on." I walked past him with a small cough.

"Ah (Y/N)! I don't think you should be getting up!" He called out.

"I'll be fine!" I plopped onto the couch. "I need a break from that stuffy room anyways."

"Are you sure?" He walked over to the living room.

"Yes I'm positive, come on." I waved him over. "Cammy is just being dramatic."