Chapter Thirteen: Day One

(Y/N) POV:

I went to school the next day with my head in the clouds. I made my way to the classroom and avoided the garden today. A new season meant a new set of flowers that I'd probably plant later today.

I sat in the classroom listening to music and staring out the window. Minutes passed and I felt a tap at my shoulder.

Pulling out my headphones, I turned around and saw Asahi in his seat. Not just that, the whole classroom had people in it.

"Good morning beautiful," He said in a warm voice.

"Good morning!" I smiled.

"Did you eat this morning?"

"No actually, kinda regretting it now." I placed my head on the desk.

"Here, it's not much but it's something." He put a drink on my desk with a melonpan.

"Where'd you get this?"

"I figured you probably didn't eat since you usually don't on Mondays. I stopped by the store on my way here to get this for you." Asahi scratched his cheek. "Now hurry, before the teacher gets here."

I opened the packaging and took a bite of the melonpan. It was so good with it's sweet taste. Exactly what I needed in the early morning. I opened the drink and took a sip.

"I should really pay you back for all this. You've been feeding me for months, I feel bad." I crumpled up the wrapper and stuck it in my bag to throw out later.

"I already said you don't need to. Just take care of yourself."

"But I want to." I pouted.

"Then how about this, you'll owe me a favor I can cash in at any time. I may use it or I may not."

I thought about it for a second, "Deal."

The teacher came in and settled the class down. She started teaching her lesson and the day passed without a problem.

After school I packed up my stuff and stood. "I'm sorry but I have to plant some new flowers in the garden today so I can't go to practice." I gave Asahi an apologetic look.

"Can I help?" He stood up and picked up his bag.

"I wish you could but you have practice. I'll meet you when I'm done." I quickly ran off to the office where I stored the flowers.

There was a few teachers in the office but they knew who I was and let me get the flowers. I had a few plants by the window that were growing indoors so they could bloom before taken outside. The plants were chrysanthemums and purple petunias.

I picked up the pots and set them on a tray to be carried easier. There wasn't many since my garden wasn't that big. I carried my tray downstairs as carefully as possible but probably not careful enough.

I stumbled a little on the last step outside and almost dropped a few pots. Almost, someone caught them before they hit the floor. I looked up to see who saved my precious flowers.

"Thank you so much-" I recognized their face and my expression dropped. "What do you want Hiro?"

"I just want to talk, please." Hiro carried the pots and started walking towards my garden.