𝚕𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚢

"any girl would be lucky to date you," sadie told finn since he had been talking himself down saying how he'll never get a girlfriend. he looked up at her and asked, "even the one i like?" 

"yeah," she replied with a nod and an encouraging smile. "then why isn't she dating me?" he then asked back as he sighed a little bit.

"i don't know, how could i know," she said back as she shrugged, giving him a slightly confused look. "you should know," he said back matter of factly. 

"why?" she asked back, giving him a questioning expression. "she's dating someone else," he explained a little. she furrowed her eyebrows more, what did that have to do with anything? 

"yeah... who? someone you know?" she asked back curiously, she really just wanted him to get to the point instead of saying a little bit at a time. "a friend, she's dating one of my friends," he responded bitterly. 

"oh... i'm sorry," she said as she frowned, feeling bad for him. she didn't know what that felt like but she could imagine how heartbreaking that would be. "sadie..." he started.

"what?" she asked incredulously. did he seriously expect her to know now? he gave her a pointed look as she then started thinking about it a little. after a moment it all came together and she realized what he'd been trying to say. 

"oh... oh my god finn i'm so so-" she started to apologize but he interrupted her, "don't apologize. it's not like i expected you to know." he didn't. he hadn't even wanted her to know but  he decided to tell her because she deserved to know at least.

"but i feel bad," she told him earnestly as she gave him a sad look and frowned a little. "why?" he asked back as he gave her a confused look.

"i feel bad knowing i'm the reason you're upset and because i've been making you hurt when i don't need to," she explained though it was still vague. "what do you mean?" he said, trying not to show the impatience in his tone. he just wanted her to get to the point. 

she paused for a moment, taking a breath in and letting it out before she said quietly, "i... i like you too finn. i started dating caleb because i thought you didn't feel the same and i was trying to get over you." 

"well... did it work?" he then asked back, genuinely curious. "what?" she asked in confusion, not quite understanding what he was asking. 

"are you over me?" he asked more specifically, kind of scared for her answer.  "oh..." she said as she trailed off a little. 

when she didn't reply he rose an eyebrow, "sadie?" she met his gaze as she shook her head, "no it didn't work, not at all." "well that's lucky," he said in slight amusement before he grabbed her by the chin and kissed her. 

***

this one is really short and a bit of an au where sadie was dating caleb to try to get over finn because she thought he didn't like her blah blah all that cliche shit. anyways i hope this will be good enough for now. i promise the next one will be better and longer.