𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢

finn walked over to sadie who was standing off to the side, not really participating in any of the party events. it wasn't super abnormal for her since she was quite shy but usually during these types of parties with the cast she would get involved and have fun. but she seemed kind of uptight tonight and finn was determined to change that.

once he got to her she looked up to see who had decided to try and drag her into the festivities. she wasn't surprised that it was finn and she would honestly prefer him of all the others to bug her. usually him bugging her just turned into banter which was fun.

"what do you want?" she asked curiously. "dance with me, it won't kill you," he said back as he gave her a pointed look.

sadie rolled her eyes playfully as she shot back with a just as pointed expression, "but what if it does?" this was sarcastic of course since dancing couldn't kill her but she just wanted to annoy him in return. "it won't, come onnn," he said back as he let out an exasperated sigh.

she shook her head simply and become more closed off as she crossed her arms, "you just want to dance with me." "yeah i do, so what?" he asked back as he glanced down to her crossed arms for a second before meeting her eyes. she knew he was planning to try and physically drag her into the crowd of their dancing co-stars so she was going to keep her guard high.

"go dance with millie. i'm sure she'll be down to. and she won't fight you on it," she told him simply. "why are you fighting me on it? you've been uptight all night and i want you to have at least a little fun before the night is over," he said back as he gave her a concerned look.

sadie let out a sigh as she said back simply, "i don't feel like it, i'm sorry." he studied her for a moment before asking worriedly, "are you feeling sick?"

she shook her head, "it's not that. just leave me alone finn." "no. i want to know what's up," he said back stubbornly. "it's girl stuff, leave it alone," she said back with a huff.

his eyes widened for a moment before he slowly nodded, he knew what she meant by that and he felt bad. he knew girls could feel like shit when on their periods so he felt bad for bugging her when she obviously wanted to be left alone. she probably didn't even want to be there. "you don't even want to be here, do you?" he asked her with a knowing look.

she shook her head, "yeah. i didn't want to come but i kind of had to," she answered with a nod. "i'll take you home," he then said as he started heading out. she quickly caught up to him and stood in front of him.

"no. you deserve to stay and have fun, don't let me ruin it," she argued. "i'd rather spend time with you and make you feel better than continue dancing. my feet are starting to hurt anyways and i need a break," he said back simply as he gave her a small lighthearted shrug.

sadie studied him for a moment before sighing and giving in, "okay fine." truth was, her heart had fluttered at what he said about spending time with her and making her feel better but she wasn't going to let that show. it's not like she had feelings or anything for him. they were just friends.

finn smiled before swinging an arm over her shoulders and pulling her close as he walked her out of the building.

***

he drove back to the hotel they were all staying at and led her to her room. once they got there sadie got out her key and went in, quick to mostly shut the door and stand in the entrance, blocking finn from being able to come in.