Chapter 21

*This is one of the more heated chapters. Just a small warning*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 21

Tomorrow is Monday, that means back to work and coffee with Audenzia. I had felt a turning in my stomach when I thought about Audenzia. She is extremely nice and has an odd infatuation with me, but that wasn't why she made me nervous.

She carries herself with such elegance. Which normally wouldn't intimidate me. But there is this side of me that envies her confidence and grace. The side that wants to be that person for Deacon.

He deserves a Luna that has an ability to lead and take charge, a Luna that is undeniably beautiful and exceptional in every way.

I am different than what is expected of a Luna. I don't always know what to say, and I tend to almost always say the wrong thing. I'm attractive, but to no standard am I on the level that Audenzia manages to maintain.

I gazed at my reflection in the mirror. My damp dark hair clung to my bare shoulders, and my dark brows could probably use a good plucking. However I loved my lips, they were small but plump. Pouty some would say. And my eyes, although they were a dark brown, they were big, and could easily express an emotion on their own.

I unwrapped my towel and actually gave my body a good look. I was short for an eighteen year old, and slender. My body lacked the hourglass that had men drooling. But I was hoping that maybe my figure would fill out as I got older.

"Ellis?" I heard a familiar voice downstairs. Quickly pulling on my leggings and t-shirt I ran down the steps with my wet hair and bare feet.

"Lenon?" I called out as I rounded the corner. His eyes widened as he realized how happy I was to see him. It wasn't that I missed him individually, I just missed people. The past two days Deacon has been keeping his distance and has had lots of pack business to attend to. So I have been stuck in the house alone.

"Didnt know you liked me this much." he joked as I pulled him in a hug. I laughed and awkwardly pulled away.

"It's just nice to see a face... what are you doing here?" I asked. He smiled and sat down on the couch making himself comfortable.

"I finished exams, so I'm back on Luna duty." he smiled and pulled a laptop from his bag. I sat down beside him.

"Who was on Luna duty before you?" I asked, I felt like I have been alone the last couple of days. He typed away at his computer never looking up while he answered.

"A couple of the warriors that Deacon assigned. They stay outside the house though. But the last thing I want to do is wander the woods in form when I have an application essay to write." he finally glanced up realizing I stayed silent.

"An application essay? I thought you were attending community college?" I asked. He gave a weak smile knowing this was a soft topic for me, seeing as I have yet to bring up my wanting to go to school to Deacon.

"Well, I decided to start at Oregon University for the winter quarter. Deacon gave out college funding early." I could feel Lenons eyes on me as I stared down at my hands.

I felt Lenon's hand on my knee, an attempt to comfort me. "Ell what's wrong?" he asked tilting his head to catch my gaze.

"I just hate that he's so willing to send his people off to school, yet with me it's a problem." I sighed, trying to push my resentment aside.

"Youre a Luna, you don't need school. You have a pack to run and an Alpha that can take care of you." he tried lifting the mood. I chuckled an almost evil chuckle.

"What era do you all live in? Is it terrible for me to want to have the ability to care for myself? Is it unheard of for someone to actually want to go to school?" I ranted. Before Lenon could respond we heard the front door slam shut.