kuvira | satisfied

summary - that time kuvira becomes too caught up in her plans and you decide to help her take a break
warnings - i cried writing this,, tiny bit of angst with a bunch of good wife-ness

when the sky set and the noise died down, kuvira still worked. when the children of the nation closed their eyes and laid their heads, kuvira didn't rest.

her shoulders were heavy at this time of night, her body propped up by aching arms on the metal table in front of her.

you stood silently against the steel door frame looking at kuvira in the limited light of the room. not a move was made, the general seemingly stuck in her place.

with a troubled sigh, you walked over to kuvira and wrapped your robed arms around your wife's uniformed waist.

"come to bed," you whispered, "you've been up for far too long, kuvira. the plans can wait."

you got no response, her back stayed turned to you and her mouth stayed shut.

"kuvira," you said with force, the patience and worry you felt leaving your system as you became irritated. one could only stay patient for so long and in your case this had been going on for an age.

"we're going to bed," you ordered quietly. you took your wife's wrist and pulled her towards your shared bedroom. there was resistance in kuvria's steps but she soon gave up allowing herself to be guided by you.

switching the light on, you sat her on the bed and closed the door slowly hoping that when you turned around kuvira would be getting ready to sleep.

you recognised the sounds of her armour being removed but you could sense there was a struggle. kuvira cursed under her breath, eyes shut tightly in frustration to hold in tears she held captive for weeks.

"shhh baby, it's okay," you held her face in your hands, soft fingers brushing the soft skin of her cheeks. "let me help you."

kuvira's eyes opened, her green irises staring desperately into yours.

"i'm sorry," she whispered, her strength and authority disappearing as she allowed vulnerability to bleed through.

"my mind has been so set on finishing these plans i-" she paused, her chest rising and falling quicker than before.

tears began to fall down kuvira's face, her hands balling into fists. "i'm so sorry, y/n."

quickly, you removed her uniform and let yourselves to fall back on the bed. arms wrapped around your robed waist as you brushed your fingers through kuvira's hair.

"it's okay, love," you whispered. "the only thing that matters is you're here now and you allow yourself to rest. that's all that matters, kuvira."

you felt her breathing even, after a few minutes it soon slowed - kuvira drifted to sleep peacefully for the first time in months and she thanked the spirits for you being by her side.