Chapter 2: Arrival in Zero Dimension

Location: Zero Dimension

Year: October 2016

The orange vortex opened up in the desolate world and dropped John into it.

John: "The hell, what is this place? There are destroyed buildings everywhere and the atmosphere is so ominous. The architecture of these buildings doesn't look like any place I've been to either.", John analyzed as he looked around. He then wandered into one of the ruined buildings for answers but only seemed to become more perplexed.

John: "I suppose this is as good a place as any to start looking. But I've never seen technology like this before. It looks dated, but it still is quite complicated.", John said as he looked at an ATM machine.

John: "There doesn't seem to be any kind of lacrima in use and it's not emitting any magic energy. Just what is this? Maybe somewhere else will give me a clue to where I am.", John said.

Upon entering another building, John entered a rundown game arcade. As he went through the place, he noticed all of the strange controls the machines had and the colourful art placed on them.

John: "This may be a place people would come to have fun. One of these machines is filled with children's toys and there are all sorts of tacky items on the shelves over there.", John said as he noticed a dragon plushie on one of the shelves.

John: "Heh, ending up in a strange place with no clue as to where you are is usually what I'd expect from Natsu and his group. I wonder, how they would handle this?", John inquired. "Never mind. They would probably make things even worse somehow so I should ditch that thought.", John said with a smile. John swiped a speck of dust from one of the machines, and noticed its deplorable condition. "But it doesn't look like anybody has come in a while. In fact, I haven't come across a single person since I got here. What could have happened to everyone in this city?"

As John pondered about the mysterious absence of people, he heard the loud roar of a monster in the distance.

John: "Huh, what was that? Think I'll check it out.", John said as he started dashing towards where the roar came from. He seemed eager for the chance to fight whatever made it.

Location: Abandoned Subway Station, Zero Dimension

Year: October 2016

John entered an abandoned subway station where he believed the roar originated. But he could not find a sign of where the monster was. It was then he heard many high-pitched voices from the lower level screaming for help.

John: "Could it possibly be down here?", he asked as he headed down the stairs to the lower level. As he reached it, he was attacked by demonic monsters again and again. "There's no end to these strange monsters. Just where are those cries coming from?", John said to himself. As he beat down three more of those monsters, he came across a room with a fish floating in air being attacked by a demonic-looking horse with wings. John then flashed over there and kicked the beast with an illuminated kick away from the strange fish. "Tch, so you're the monster I heard roaring. Honestly, with that roar I thought you'd be bigger. Then again, you did survive that kick so this might be fun.", John said brimming with confidence and anticipation.

Umio: "Excuse me, but what are you doing here?", Umio said in a deep, gentlemanly voice.

John: "Well I came to find out what made that roar. Then I heard some cries for help so I came here."

Umio: "I am grateful but this beast is fierce. It might be difficult to handle.", Umio said as the monster got back on its four legs.

The monster then charged at John with its claws ready to shred him.