Chapter 13: Neptune's Birthday Celebration

Note: Starting in this chapter, the chapters will be more episodic.

Location: Planeptune Basilicom

Year: October 7, 2016

The next morning, John woke up in the bed of the room he was given by Neptune and Nepgear. It was still pretty dark out, but the clock on the wall said it was 6:30am. John decided to get up and take a shower. By the time he was done, it was now 6:45. He headed out into the main room where he was greeted by Nepgear.

Nepgear: "Oh, John. Good morning."

John: "Morning, Nepgear."

IF/Compa: "Good morning."

John: John looked into the kitchen area where he saw IF and Compa. "Huh? What are you two doing here?"

IF: "Oh, you didn't tell him, Gear?" IF then puts plates consisting of eggs, bacon and toast on the table for each of them.

Nepgear: "Thanks. No, after all we went through yesterday, we were all so tired I forgot. But John, IF and Compa are here because today is Neptune's birthday."

John: John was taken aback a bit by what Nepgear said. "Wait, so even you goddesses have birthdays?"

Nepgear: "Of course. We may not be born in the same way as humans, but we are still born at some point during the year. Last month was Uni's birthday and we all got together to celebrate with her. Of course, since it's Uni, we spent part of her birthday at the gun range. I'm so glad we made it back in time for Neptune's birthday!"

Compa: "Now we just need to find a way to keep Nep-Nep out of the house while we prepare the birthday party. Any ideas, Jo-Jo?"

John: "How exactly would I have any ideas? I barely understand this world's technology or geography."

IF: "That's perfect for this! Thanks, John!"

John: "Okay, now you've lost me."

IF: "Since you don't know the layout, you can have Nep take you around the city. Since you're new to this world, I'm sure there are things like ID you need to get."

Nepgear: "Oh, that really will work! Great idea, IF!"

John: "But how do you know Neptune will go along with this? Won't she notice something is up if we're out for too long?"

Histoire: "You can just leave that to me."

Nepgear: "Histoire, you'll help out too?! But what about work?!"

Histoire: "Normally, I would absolutely get Neptune to work as soon as possible. However, she's lucky that she just got back and today happens to be her birthday. As such, I shall do what I can to handle the negative rumors myself. Although, getting Neptune out might also help her connect with her citizens and improve their relationship with her as well."

John: "Well I will need to get things to make due in this world, so I guess I'll go along with it." John then finished the last bite of his breakfast. "So, when do you think Neptune will be ready?"

IF: "Well knowing Nep, she probably won't be up for another two hours, then she'll have to get ready for the day. So, give it about three hours from now." John simply groaned at IF's words, wondering what kind of day he was in for.

-Three Hours Later-

Neptune: "Hey Nepgear, Histy, I'm up! Let's start the day off with some games!"

Nepgear: "Oh, Neptune, good morning."

John: "Morning."

Histoire: "Good morning, Neptune. Unfortunately, I have different plans for you today."